Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    anyone else notice that the pre in the facebook commercial:

(http://www.precentral.net/new-sprint...ebook-palm-pre)

has a different theme? the contact is themed with yellow and the messaging app is blue and yellow instead of the blue and green. idk im bored at 4:15 am amazing what youll notice this late :P
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    yeah, i also noticed in the messaging that each message had a little picture associated with it. Mine only has the pic for the person i'm talking to, not on any of my messages...
    It looks to me in the commercial that all of the colors look off. They all look a lot duller than the actual colors on the phone do. Bad editing??
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Screen images are simulated. The back of the phone also isn't a 3D facebook band :P
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    Screen images are simulated. The back of the phone also isn't a 3D facebook band :P
    False advertising!
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Dammit! I was going to start a thread to complain about not having the aforementioned advertised band in the back of my Pre. Who'd a thunk it was simulated?!?!!

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
    Dammit! I was going to start a thread to complain about not having the aforementioned advertised band in the back of my Pre. Who'd a thunk it was simulated?!?!!

Well I mean MY pre has a 3D facebook band on the back, but that's because my Pre is the only Pre with the hardware the way it is supposed to be. Everyone has a defect except me. Don't you see? Count to three. Drink some tea, though it isn't free, and he and she can come with me and drink our not quite free tea under this tree.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Well I mean MY pre has a 3D facebook band on the back, but that's because my Pre is the only Pre with the hardware the way it is supposed to be. Everyone has a defect except me. Don't you see? Count to three. Drink some tea, though it isn't free, and he and she can come with me and drink our not quite free tea under this tree.
    Dr. Dre, is that you?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
    Dr. Dre, is that you?
    It is. But I go by Dr. Drē now.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    It is. But I go by Dr. Drē now.
    Touchē!!!
    They might have changed the colors & added yellow because that is Sprint's signature color.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Anyone know if we're ever going to get a proper Facebook app for the Pre?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    1.04 took away my band...
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Anyone know if we're ever going to get a proper Facebook app for the Pre?
    Yes.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    1.04 took away my band...
    Just type in "IcarusFightsMedusaAngels", and it should come back up.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Yes.
    Can you show me where you saw this?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Can you show me where you saw this?
    Facebook developers have a facebook app for other Palm devices, no reason why they wouldn't be developing one for the Pre.
    Did anyone else notice the browser showing animated images?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Did anybody else feel like this was a horrible commercial? The music is just emo/depressing sounding, & then you have a guy whose voice is all deep & official talking about the Sprint network. Such a weird combination. Also, they make the facebook page look all noisy & messy a la myspace pages circa 2006.

Disappointing waste of resources of what could have been a great bit of marketing. I smell Sprint's pawprints all over that one. Hate to be a downer but come on, a device this kick-@ss deserves something more slick & appealing to the mainstream masses. How large is the adolescent/emo demo anyways? Did not realize they were such a big customer base for smartphones. Come on sprint/palm marketing, we're pulling for you to step ur game up
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanlee View Post
    Did anybody else feel like this was a horrible commercial? The music is just emo/depressing sounding, & then you have a guy whose voice is all deep & official talking about the Sprint network. Such a weird combination. Also, they make the facebook page look all noisy & messy a la myspace pages circa 2006.

Disappointing waste of resources of what could have been a great bit of marketing. I smell Sprint's pawprints all over that one. Hate to be a downer but come on, a device this kick-@ss deserves something more slick & appealing to the mainstream masses. How large is the adolescent/emo demo anyways? Did not realize they were such a big customer base for smartphones. Come on sprint/palm marketing, we're pulling for you to step ur game up
    Considering the Palm Pre is in extremely high demand, and many locations are selling out with each new shipment, I would say they are doing something right. But since you seem to know better, maybe you can e-mail a script for a commercial to Sprint or Palm.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast