1.    #1  
    Forgive me for asking what most would seem that this is very elementary. I believe when I first got the PRE and set-up my gmail that when I deleted an email and then cleared out the deleted folder it would delete from my account (even from the deleted folder there). Now for some reason, it is deleting from the inbox when I request it but when I delete from the PRE (trash box), I still have to log in via PC and clear the deleted folder. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

-SoCal
    Last edited by socal_800w; 07/03/2009 at 12:41 AM.
  2.    #2  
    So I take it no one has had this similar prob?
    So are you saying on your gmail if you delete mail from your trash folder from your pre the email isn't deleted from the trash folder when you login to google?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    So are you saying on your gmail if you delete mail from your trash folder from your pre the email isn't deleted from the trash folder when you login to google?
    If that is what the OP meant, I'm having the same problem with Gmail. On the Pre, deleted 3 messages from Inbox. When to the Trash folder and swiped the messages to delete them. Signed into Gmail on my pc, and the messages were still in the Trash folder.

I checked the Trash folder on in Thunderbird, and 2 of the 3 messages were still there.

I went back to the Trash folder on the Pre and refreshed. No change.

Update: After approx. 15 minutes, the messages are gone from the Trash folder in Thunderbird, but are still there on Gmail.
    Last edited by gc916; 07/03/2009 at 07:41 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Exactly.

(via Pre)
    I will delete message from Inbox, go to trash folder, swipe it off there.

(via PC)

I thought that with PUSH, what you do on one is what happens to the other???
    There's an option on the Pre to keep the email on the server after it's on the Pre. Maybe you have selected that option?
  7.    #7  
    I looked all over and don't see that option.

I find it so hard to believe that nobody on here knows why this is happening. hmmm.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storagelady View Post
    There's an option on the Pre to keep the email on the server after it's on the Pre. Maybe you have selected that option?
    I thought that option was available for a POP account, but not IMAP (which Gmail uses for PUSH.
    Quote Originally Posted by socal_800w View Post
    Forgive me for asking what most would seem that this is very elementary. I believe when I first got the PRE and set-up my gmail that when I deleted an email and then cleared out the deleted folder it would delete from my account (even from the deleted folder there). Now for some reason, it is deleting from the inbox when I request it but when I delete from the PRE (trash box), I still have to log in via PC and clear the deleted folder. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

-SoCal
    It's not 'push' but rather IMAP idle that allows your messages to synchronize almost immediately. Now that in of itself is not going to give you two way synchronization but rather the IMAP protocol itself will give you that (synchronizing folder trees, read and flag attributes, and deletions). The way it's worked on my Pre so far is that the message is marked with a "Deleted Items" label but left in the inbox (or whichever folder you're in). My Touch Pro would actually remove it from the inbox (archive it) but never delete it outright. However I believe these are not bugs but a setting in Gmail: if you go to settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP in Gmail you will see the option to Auto Expunge. Mine is turned off (and I believe that's default). You can play with that setting as well as the setting below if you want to get the message to delete. Personally, I dont have this enabled because if I accidently delete a valid email on my phone, I want to be able to find it in Gmail easily. To delete the deleted messages I simply click the label "Deleted Items", select all and delete. Slightly manual but its effective enough for me.