Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I got all of my contacts migrated over to my Gmail account from Outlook 2007 via export/import. Added my Gmail account to the contacts on the Pre and things started syncing just fine. Today when looking for a contact I couldn't find it on the Pre, checked Gmail contacts and it's there. After 2 days of frustration and ready to throw this thing against the wall, I noticed that one contact on the Pre has 50 linked contacts. Bingo, there are the contacts I'm missing. But why? How did Gmail link them? I have about 60 contacts linked under one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I got all of my contacts migrated over to my Gmail account from Outlook 2007 via export/import. Added my Gmail account to the contacts on the Pre and things started syncing just fine. Today when looking for a contact I couldn't find it on the Pre, checked Gmail contacts and it's there. After 2 days of frustration and ready to throw this thing against the wall, I noticed that one contact on the Pre has 50 linked contacts. Bingo, there are the contacts I'm missing. But why? How did Gmail link them? I have about 60 contacts linked under one.
    I'm not sure about your situation, but have found 'missed' linked contacts in my phone also. I wished one of my female cousins Happy Father Day by mistake. So, I guess the phone is doing all it can, with some mistakes. Hopefully with the updates things will get better as time goes along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Do they share a common piece of information (like an e-mail address)? I had two contacts link because they worked for the same company and used a "common" mailbox for all their field agents. The contacts were in Outlook/Exchange, so it's not something limited or related to Google contacts. I think Synergy assumes that information such as an e-mail address is "personal" and therefore "unique" to an individual, so it links anyone that shares it.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Well I went through all 50 linked contacts in the one contact and "unlinked" them all and everything is back to normal. I couldn't find anything that links them together, I had 8 restaurants there that only had their name and phone number. Unless exchange some how puts them in a non category that I can't figure out and the Pre picks that up, and always the same 50. After separating all 50 and syncing with google contacts I exported them from google, deleted them all on the exchange server, then imported them and I don't want to try it again back to the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I think Synergy assumes that information such as an e-mail address is "personal" and therefore "unique" to an individual, so it links anyone that shares it.
    Yup yup. I can confirm this, from my experience.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Conversely, that's not true for phone numbers. Two contacts can share a phone number and not be linked. (Which is appropriate, two people are more likely to share a phone than an email.)