Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Apologies for not weeding through pages of n00bish *****ing, but I kinda dropped away from this community after discovering EAS wasn't ready for me on launch day. Syncing my employer's E-mail is essential to me and my Exchange 2007 server requires a time-out period with simple-PIN enforcement and remote wipe.

I realize Palm has acknowledged the need fix this with an update, but I'm not sure how far along it has come. Is there any news with EAS on the Pre? I'm also wondering how the Pre would act if I add in my personal Exchange account, which also requires a simple lock-PIN; effectively, I'd be making use of two Exchange accounts simultaneously (which no other handset can do at the moment).
    Palm has said that they are working on this and it will be supported via a update. That said the time line was "around 2 months" a few weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
    Apologies for not weeding through pages of n00bish *****ing, but I kinda dropped away from this community after discovering EAS wasn't ready for me on launch day. Syncing my employer's E-mail is essential to me and my Exchange 2007 server requires a time-out period with simple-PIN enforcement and remote wipe.

I realize Palm has acknowledged the need fix this with an update, but I'm not sure how far along it has come. Is there any news with EAS on the Pre? I'm also wondering how the Pre would act if I add in my personal Exchange account, which also requires a simple lock-PIN; effectively, I'd be making use of two Exchange accounts simultaneously (which no other handset can do at the moment).
    I do not think you will be able to subject one device to the security requirements of two different EAS systems.