1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything when I searched. When I create a new event on my Pre calendar it shows up in Exchange/Outlook as a scheduled meeting with me as the meeting organizer. This is different than what I want 99% of the time, which is for it to show as a simple appointment. For those of you who use Outlook and understand the distinction, is there any way to schedule an appointment (as opposed to a meeting) via the Pre? By the way, I'm using Outlook 2007 and Exchange Server 2003.
    A pain. Options I have used include ctl-N or right click select new appt. If anyone can find how to set the default to an appt vs an event( meeting), sure would prefer that!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsdfs View Post
    A pain. Options I have used include ctl-N or right click select new appt. If anyone can find how to set the default to an appt vs an event( meeting), sure would prefer that!
    I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here. Those shortcuts are used for creating new appointments in Outlook, right? My issue is that every "event" I create on the Pre shows up as a meeting (as opposed to an appointment) in Outlook. Is there some way to create an appointment (not meeting or event) on the Pre, even if it's not the default?
    Last edited by smartphoney; 06/29/2009 at 06:01 PM.
    My bad...I was referring to Outlook appt setting, not the Pre as requested. Can't help with Pre q, but still would like feedback on Outlook default setting tp Appt.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    My issue is that every "event" I create on the Pre shows up as a meeting (as opposed to an appointment) in Outlook. Is there some way to create an appointment (not meeting or event) on the Pre, even if it's not the default?
    Does anyone have any insight on this? Is everyone else noticing the same behavior?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Does anyone have any insight on this? Is everyone else noticing the same behavior?
    I sure am, right now it's one of my top complaints with my Pre. I end up going into Outlook when I get back to my desk and just deleting and recreating any appointments that I create on my Pre so that they are no longer meeting requests.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gol706 View Post
    I end up going into Outlook when I get back to my desk and just deleting and recreating any appointments that I create on my Pre so that they are no longer meeting requests.
    I'm having to do the same. What a pain. How do we make sure that Palm is aware of this bug so that they fix it? I know that the next release is supposed to focus on Exchange improvements, but I can't say I've seen any other references elsewhere to this particular problem.
    Oops. I just posted a similar thread.

I'm really hoping this is resolved in the next update that is to focus on EAS issues. This does drive me nuts. Especially since it will also change from an appointment to a meeting any appointment that was created in Outlook, but edited on the Pre.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyanderson View Post
    This does drive me nuts. Especially since it will also change from an appointment to a meeting any appointment that was created in Outlook, but edited on the Pre.
    Agreed. How do we make sure that Palm is aware of this bug? Is there a place (other than in this thread) where we should be reporting it?
    Agreed. How do we make sure that Palm is aware of this bug? Is there a place (other than in this thread) where we should be reporting it?
    If Palm is reading the bug list that is in the Palm Pre forum, our issue is listed as number 89. It could be expanded to cover any appointment created or edited on the Pre. I will post on that thread to see if it can be updated.

"89. Calendar bug: Exchange sync and Outlook 2007 - when an all day event is on the calendar, editing the notes field on the Pre will change the all day event into a meeting invite on Outlook."
    Quote Originally Posted by gol706 View Post
    I sure am, right now it's one of my top complaints with my Pre. I end up going into Outlook when I get back to my desk and just deleting and recreating any appointments that I create on my Pre so that they are no longer meeting requests.
    I am having the same problem with appointments created on the Pre and await a fix from Palm. In the meantime, you do not need to delete and recreate the appointments in Outlook. Rather, just open up the appointment in Outlook (I am running Outlook 2003) and click the button for "Cancel Invitation" on the toolbar or from the Actions menu. This converts the meeting into an appointment.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by agrais View Post
    I am having the same problem with appointments created on the Pre and await a fix from Palm. In the meantime, you do not need to delete and recreate the appointments in Outlook. Rather, just open up the appointment in Outlook (I am running Outlook 2003) and click the button for "Cancel Invitation" on the toolbar or from the Actions menu. This converts the meeting into an appointment.
    As best I can tell, this approach is not available in Outlook 2007, meaning I do need to delete and recreate the appointment. Outlook 2007 has only a "Cancel Meeting" option (rather than "Cancel Invitation"), which does in fact delete the item completely from my calendar, forcing me to to recreate it. If anyone is using Outlook 2007 and has figured out a shortcut or other workaround, please post in this thread. Thanks.
    Found a peice of code that will convert the currently selected meeting(s) to appointments. OutlookCode.com :: Convert meetings to appointments

To install the code: In Outlook, start the visual basic editor (alt-f11), expand Project1, expand Microsoft Office Outlook Objects, double-click ThisOutlookSession, paste the code there, save the project and exit the visual basic editor.

You will now have a Macro under tools, macros in Outlook that will covert the currently selected meeting to appointments. Simply select the appointments you want to convert and then run the macro. The easy way to select multiple or all appointments it to click view, current view, by catagory. Once in catagory view, you can use the select all feature to select all the appointments.

Worked pretty slick for me, I had a filter set to only display the calendar items for the last month, selected all, ran the macro, and they were all changed from meetings to appointments.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebsterino View Post
    Found a peice of code that will convert the currently selected meeting(s) to appointments. OutlookCode.com :: Convert meetings to appointments

To install the code: In Outlook, start the visual basic editor (alt-f11), expand Project1, expand Microsoft Office Outlook Objects, double-click ThisOutlookSession, paste the code there, save the project and exit the visual basic editor.

You will now have a Macro under tools, macros in Outlook that will covert the currently selected meeting to appointments. Simply select the appointments you want to convert and then run the macro. The easy way to select multiple or all appointments it to click view, current view, by catagory. Once in catagory view, you can use the select all feature to select all the appointments.

Worked pretty slick for me, I had a filter set to only display the calendar items for the last month, selected all, ran the macro, and they were all changed from meetings to appointments.
    Just tried this and it works like a charm for me! This a great workaround until Palm (hopefully) fixes this annoying bug. Thanks!
    As woodyanderson already posted, there is another thread on this issue and it is still not fixed in 1.2.0.