Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    When I try to check my email it says username or password incorrect. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Justin
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M NOT GETTING A RESPONSE TO THIS!!!

Justin
    I deleted your duplicate post that had no answer.

This is the first "can't login to GMail from my Pre" question I have seen posted.

Does it allow you to login sometimes? or is it a 100% I haven't ever been able to log in to GMail?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by jgassaway View Post
    I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M NOT GETTING A RESPONSE TO THIS!!!
    Justin
    Perhaps you entered the password in all caps...

Once you have calmed down try to log in via the web, does this work? Also you may want to try changing your password. I know that sounds strange but I have seen that solve strange Gmail password issues.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    It's happens first thing in the morning. After a while it works. I keep it in airplane mode overnight. Could that have something to do w/ it?

Justin
    One idea that might help troubleshoot this problem is this: Try not putting the phone in airplane mode tonight. If you're able to sign in in the morning, then that's your problem. If you still can't sign in in the morning, then airplane mode is not at fault.

Post back your results tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm going to use the gmail website instead of what's on the phone. How do you delete the email app from the launcher?

Thanks, Justin
    You can't delete the app... And why would you want to?
    Hey jgassaway , I had this problem . I decided to go to my online account and see if it would let me log in there and it did , after that I went back to the phone and tried it there , work fine now and has , but every now and then I get the message on the phone that I need to re enter my gmail password and the 1st 2 time I tried it say the same thing your did , so I just said the hell with it and check my e-mail on my phone and it work and still does but I get this message 1 time every day , dont know if this will work for you but good luck.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I find that gmail is kind of funny that way. I used to have issues with my touch not being able to log in. Gmail requires authentication from time to time and if you go a long time not logging in from a pc it requires that you authenticate. I get the unable to log in once in a while on the pre but when I try manually it lets me. Seems to only happen to me when it tries to find mail on its own even though I have it set to manual. Yes I know, known bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I deleted your duplicate post that had no answer.

This is the first "can't login to GMail from my Pre" question I have seen posted.

Does it allow you to login sometimes? or is it a 100% I haven't ever been able to log in to GMail?
    I have been having the same problem. One of my Gmail accounts will show an err "incorrect password." I type the correct password in and get the same error. This may last for several hours or a day and then go away. Then another Gmail account will do the same thing.

I turn the phone off and that still does not seem to make a difference. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have found the answer:

https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha?

Worked right away after doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwizteD25 View Post
    I have found the answer:

https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha?

Worked right away after doing that.
    Thank you Twiz

No idea why that was necessary. I created the account and it worked flawlessly for months then it just stopped allowing me to log in.

Sure enough after filling out that little form it worked right away.

I hope this doesn't happen often.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Yes!! Thanks TwizteD25.

I also did this and it worked for the "Login Credentials Rejected" message. I looked on the google site for pointers to this but could not find it. Thanks again for the link.
    I have been getting the incorrect username or password for everything google, email, calender, contacts, etc. It has been very annoying. I get this problem daily and mostly hourly, but not all the time. I just tried the captcha unlock, fingers crossed, in hopes that it fixes this problem.

Update - 2 days after google captcha unlock I have had no problems. Thanks TwizteD25!!!
    Last edited by pattavino; 09/04/2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: update
    Damn man you rule. This was a big problem and now it's solved thank you.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I had to change my account to sync every 30 minutes instead of every 15 minutes to stopped gmail from locking me out every couple of days
    tried the captcha unlock and it's still not working for me! I had this issue once in 1.0 back in june and it's the first time it's happened since then

tried changing password too and that didn't work either

any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated