1.    #1  
    Plaxo syncs with your Google Contacts, Outlook, Facebook, AIM, and Yahoo. Thus, you don't have to have Plaxo sync with your Pre.

Decide which contacts, from the cloud, will be your default for your phone and make sure to synchronize it with your Plaxo. For me, I'm making Google my default sync for Pre contacts and I'm synchronizing Plaxo with Google and Outlook.

Actually, it would be best if Plaxo synchronized with the Pre, but this is a great interim measure. I noticed that Plaxo does sync with Windows mobile, so perhaps we should contact the Plaxo people about developing a Pre sync client.

But in the interim, this is great and my important contacts are syncroized. BTW, plaxo gave the option of whether or not you wanted to merge the contacts from the new sync client, in my case Google, or if you wanted to create a special folder. Thus, Plaxo gives you the ability to keep all your contacts separate from each other, just like the Pre. I think Plaxo and Pre are a great match!
  2.    #2  
    Sorry about that. It keeps your Plaxo great, but it doesn't sync great. However, on the Plaxo site it shows that we can us Synkia to sync directly with Plaxo. Synkia is running a special price for Plaxo members:
    SPECIAL DISCOUNT for Plaxo users !!!
    Till the end of June 2009 you can get 12 month subscription for only 9.99 US$ (7.99 €).
    For $10 a year, we can change or sync to Plaxo and not have all the duplication.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Sorry about that. It keeps your Plaxo great, but it doesn't sync great. However, on the Plaxo site it shows that we can us Synkia to sync directly with Plaxo. Synkia is running a special price for Plaxo members:

For $10 a year, we can change or sync to Plaxo and not have all the duplication.
    I read that Synkia discount on the Plaxo FAQ also. However, after I paid for Synkia, this is what I received in return when I inquired on how to use it on the Pre:
    "Currently the only Mobile Operating Systems that we offer SyncJE for is Windows Mobile and PalmOS. WebOS, being relatively new (it was first introduced back in January) is not, at the moment, a supported OS for our program. However, because of the similarities between WebOS and PalmOS, numerous people have been able to run PalmOS applications through their WebOS devices. If you desire, you may download the Free Trial of the PalmOS installation and attempt an install.

Please be advised that SyncJE is not currently implemented, nor has it been coded, for any WebOS distribution as of yet."

Anyone use it successfully with the Pre?