Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ok, I'm about fed up with pushing through gmail and would much prefer to utilize EAS to link with my pop accounts. the only problem is that I don't have a EAS server and I'd prefer not to be hit with another monthly fee to utilize one of the commercial EAS servers. are there free alternatives available?
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    ok, I'm about fed up with pushing through gmail and would much prefer to utilize EAS to link with my pop accounts. the only problem is that I don't have a EAS server and I'd prefer not to be hit with another monthly fee to utilize one of the commercial EAS servers. are there free alternatives available?
    If you have a copy of windows server I guess you could run your own, other than that I don't think it's free anywhere.
    Mail2web used to be free. Now it's a monthly charge of 5 or 6 dollars. But you can get a couple of months to try it out before you have to pay, so you lose nothing by trying it out. I've used it for years and will probably keep it and start paying now that they're charging.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Due to the licensing and software costs involved with EAS servers, I do not know of any free ones. I run one at $49 / year that my Palm Pre is conencted to: RemoteSports - Internet services for Freelancers. Having wireless syncing of contacts, calendars, etc is the way to go!