1.    #1  
    Is there a bug with the email set to manual check?

I finally got my work EAS set up and it is working. I want to only check it when I want to check it though, so I set it to manual. However, I still get the email notification every few hours showing that I have new mail. Anyone know why?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    remind you of Versamail?
  3.    #3  
    I have never used Versamail.

Really, I'd love to know if this is a bug or if I need to do something else to prevent the phone from checking all my email accounts randomly.
    I had that same problem "bug?" too! I had to set it to 24hr and now no more notifications.
  5.    #5  
    I will try that. Thanks.
    Yep I have the same issue. I'll try 24hrs as well.
    mine is also set to manual and it does the same. i believe that the reason is due to the fact that the EVDO network (or some other network) is dropped occasionally and whenever the phone reconnects to the network, it automatically checks for email. This can also be seen when you turn your phone off, and back on, it'll automatically check for email although the phone is set to manual. (because it connects to the network)
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    It has been added to the bug list. I've tried all sort of time frames and I still get the frequent email downloads- as does a score of other users.

What makes it worse is that there is no way to empty the trash folder other than one email at a time. With so much stuff being downloaded all of the time and swiped one by one from the Inboxes to the Trash boxes I spent a bit of time swiping away about 800 messages from my Trash a few days ago.
    Place witty signature here:
    I like to check myself every day too....lol....

Yeah...useless post...
    doesnt the pre check for emails if you are in the email app? I thought thats why the liltte recycle type circle icon next to the number of emails was doing, Cuz after i check my gmail i always get a few from my comcast that is set to every 24 hours.
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingseatoad View Post
    mine is also set to manual and it does the same. i believe that the reason is due to the fact that the EVDO network (or some other network) is dropped occasionally and whenever the phone reconnects to the network, it automatically checks for email. This can also be seen when you turn your phone off, and back on, it'll automatically check for email although the phone is set to manual. (because it connects to the network)

I've been experiencing this as well, and have come to the same conclusion.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I seem to have the opposite problem.

I have mine set to push, but it will only do that if I'm on wifi. If on 1x or EV, I never get any notifications. Even if I go into the app and manual check, still no notifications.

But as soon as I connect through wifi, they start rolling in.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykik View Post
    It has been added to the bug list. I've tried all sort of time frames and I still get the frequent email downloads- as does a score of other users.

What makes it worse is that there is no way to empty the trash folder other than one email at a time. With so much stuff being downloaded all of the time and swiped one by one from the Inboxes to the Trash boxes I spent a bit of time swiping away about 800 messages from my Trash a few days ago.
    So if you delete all those emails from your trash folder on your computer, they are still in your Pre? I'm just wondering why you don't empty out your trash folder on your computer.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor