Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    On June 6th in my excitement to get contacts into my Pre so I could play with it ASAP I followed some general instructions about downloading a "one time use" app that would upload my contacts, calendar, notes, etc..from the Palm Desktop (where I had been backing up to ).to somewhere ?????? and get them into my Pre.

It worked and my contacts showed up in my pre ( minus any contacts notes, however). But I should have given all this more thought.

I don't know where my contacts and calendar data are syncing to....and if my Pre crashed......???? Where would I go to restore the data.

How can I tell this from my Pre......

I don't mind having my data available "in the cloud"....but I'd like to have the data Sync'd to Oulook on my computer also.

What do I do to straighten all this out before a disaster happens.... (at least I still have a copy of my pre June 6th data still on my laptop in the Palm Desktop...)

Warren C.
    Warren C.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    dude...please do some research before you post a thread like this. that is all im going to say.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    OK DUDE......I' will....but since I've been confinded to bed with an illness for since before June 6th....I've had the luxury of time to do NOTHING BUT RESEARCH on using the Pre since I got it.....

So how about some help ........instead of a backhanded insult?

Warren C.
    Warren C.
    Alright, so here's the thing good friend. You're syncing to Palm's servers, on what's called your "Palm Profile". You don't have direct access to it online in form of a file-download; however, if you change or lose your phone or end up getting it replaced, the new webOS enabled phone will ask you for your Palm Profile id/password. Once you provide it, the phone will start syncing contacts, "some" preferences, the apps you had installed (but NOT their preferences), and some other stuff.

As far as syncing with Outlook goes, there is no two-way syncing, unless through some 3rd-party apps (other forum threads can help you with that). Palm would like you to have all your data online on their server, so that you stay on webOS... and given that you do, you're never too far from your important data.

Hope this helps. Anything else I can help with?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wchapman View Post

I'd like to have the data Sync'd to Oulook on my computer also.

Warren C.
    There are at least three ways to sync calendar and contacts to Outlook (and you can find threads on this forum with more info on all three):

1. If your Outlook account is on an Exchange server at work, sync direct to that over the net.

2. Use PocketMirror (download from the Apps Catalogue), and sync over Wifi to your Computer.

3. Set up a Google account. Sync your Outlook to Google via Google's sync features. Then sync the Pre to the Google account.

Synching tasks (to-do) and notes (memos) is a little trickier, but there are threads on that as well.
    I think you sync to Narnia.