Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just read at the Evernote forum (at Remember Everything. | Evernote Corporation) that an Evernote update was provided to Palm a few days before yesterday for adding to the App Catalog. This is interesting for two reasons.

First, I can't wait to see what they fixed/added. I love Evernote, but the current Pre version just really isn't usable at this point.

Second, I wonder why it takes days for Palm to add apps to the store, particularly updates to existing apps. Do they do that much testing? If so, then I can understand why so few apps have been released this early in the game.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    It would be awesome if it included a voice recorder.
    I know when evernote first arrived on WM they must have done a update every week for close to a year. The end result was an incredible client on WM.

I'm sure the future of Evernote on the Pre is a very bright future.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by moonloop View Post
    It would be awesome if it included a voice recorder.
    It would be even more awesome (and make the program actually usable) if it locally cached your notes, so that you didn't need a network connection just to open the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    It would be even more awesome (and make the program actually usable) if it locally cached your notes, so that you didn't need a network connection just to open the program.
    Give them a little time and it will. 1.0 devices and software are all about patience.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    i really really really want to like evernote. i was using it in early beta and then after its realeased and it's never lived up to the promise. particularly, the optical text recognition is just... horrible. it never seems to work. i've used the web version, the desktop mac version, the pre version. they all suck unfortunatel
    Local cache is so crucial. And at the moment my notes don't display properly, hopefully that'll be fixed too =[
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i really really really want to like evernote. i was using it in early beta and then after its realeased and it's never lived up to the promise. particularly, the optical text recognition is just... horrible. it never seems to work. i've used the web version, the desktop mac version, the pre version. they all suck unfortunatel
    Ummm...Ok...if you say so.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I know when evernote first arrived on WM they must have done a update every week for close to a year. The end result was an incredible client on WM.

I'm sure the future of Evernote on the Pre is a very bright future.
    I never was very impressed with the WM version. Just the ability to edit notes on the Pre is an advantage over WM, where you can add new but can't edit existing notes. Local caching would be nice, but I'd be happy if this update just fixes the glaring performance/reliability problems.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    if you would re-read my post, you'll see that i was *very* specific about why evernote was not working for me. so, rather than making that pointless remark, it would have been a lot more useful to everyone if you could've help diagnose or at least point those of us who aren't having a lot of luck with that feature to some sort of resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Ummm...Ok...if you say so.
    What's the folder icon in the bottom left corner for? It appears when editing a note.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw your same question on their forum. It's a save button.
  12.    #13  
    if you would re-read my post, you'll see that i was *very* specific about why evernote was not working for me. so, rather than making that pointless remark, it would have been a lot more useful to everyone if you could've help diagnose or at least point those of us who aren't having a lot of luck with that feature to some sort of resolution.
    Well, actually, all you said was that the text recognition is "just horrible" and that all the versions "suck." Not terribly specific, really. Or, at least, not terribly clear.
    Do you know of an alternative? What promise did it not live up to? What doesn't seem to work? Would you show a picture where optical recognition did not work for you?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    The Evernote OCR is all done on the server side so it's not going to make a difference which which device the image is uploaded from.
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterica View Post
    The Evernote OCR is all done on the server side so it's not going to make a difference which which device the image is uploaded from.
    True, but if the source file is somebody's crappy handwriting on a wrinkled ketchup splattered napkin, then I can judge how good or bad the OCR is.
    I've been using evernote since beta, and I love the ocr, and it basically works great for me. I have since upgraded to premium. So obviously your experience is not universal...
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus View Post
    I've been using evernote since beta, and I love the ocr, and it basically works great for me. I have since upgraded to premium. So obviously your experience is not universal...
    Precisely. And I really don't have as much of a problem with folks who say this or that product or service isn't for them. What really drives me crazy are people who say some product or service "sucks" simply because it didn't work for them.

It's as if their experience trumps all, and really it's pretty insulting to those of us for whom said product or service is just fine. After all, what kind of idiots do we have to be to use a product that "sucks"?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Darn, no voice recorder yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast