1.    #1  
    ...and even when I sync manually, the items just never show up.

However, Google syncs pretty quickly to Pre.

Any ideas on why? This is new since 1.0.3 and I did reset after the update.

Thanks!!
    I updated mine to 1.0.3 and I just tried a test.

Created a new calendar event on my Pre, and 2 minutes later, it showed up in my Google calendar online.
    I had the same problem...I fixed it by restarting the phone...since then its been keeping in sync with changes I made on google calendar.
  4.    #4  
    Second reset was the charm.....weird but it works.
    Many thanks!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I am having a similar problem.
    I am attempting to move some of my exchange calendar items to a group google family calendar by changing the the account the event syncs to on the pre.
    So far nothing has moved.
    I have tried resetting the phone with no luck.
    When I create a new event it syncs up to Google with no problem.

any ideas?
    This has provided me with as good of a gCal experience so far.

I still dont see events in Month View but everything shows in Day / Week and syncs perfectly.

NOTE: upon restoring each calendar to gCal you must manually resync on the pre. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP

Lather Rinse Repeat after each calendar is restored on the gCal Web inteface.

No Automatic Calendar Synchronization - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Community

Step 1: On your desktop, log into http://calendar.google.com and click on "Settings" in the upper right portion of the page.

Step 2: Beneath the heading "Calendar Settings" click on the "Calendars" tab.

Step 3: Beneath the "My Calendars" section and above the "Other Calendars" section click the link titled "Export calendars"
    (This will download all of your calendars in a zip file. You'll need to know how to open a zip file, (or 'unzip' the file) see the following link for more info - https://eee.uci.edu/help/zip/how-to/#winunzip)

Step 4: Unzip the files into a folder that will be easy to remember and navigate to like the desktop.

Step 5: Be sure you've downloaded all of your calendars (steps 1-4 above) BEFORE continuing.

Step 6: Go back to Google Calendar which should still be at the "Calendar Settings" page. (If it is not, follow the above steps to get there). Under "My Calendars" on the far right edge of the page click the link called "Delete" A confirmation dialog will popup, click on the button "Delete" Repeat this step for all of your calendars. Note: You cannot delete your default calendar which is the calendar that Google Calendar creates for you when you first sign up with Google Calendar. When you click "Delete" it will erase all events on this calendar which is enough for now.
    You should now be left with only the default calendar.

Step 7: Now open "Preferences & Accounts" in your Pre's calendar application. Delete your Google account by tapping on it and then tapping on the "Remove Account" button.

Step 8: Still within the "Preferences & Account" portion of your Pre's calendar application, tap "Add An Account" and add your Google account details. Wait for it to finish setting up and syncing the account.

Step 9: If you only have use one calendar in Google Calendar, skip to step 10. The following step is for if you use multiple calendars: Go back to Google Calendar on your desktop and (still at the "Calendar Settings" page) click on the "Create new calendar" button and fill in all the information on the page. Then click on the "Create calendar" button. Repeat to recreate all the calendars you had before you started this. Once you have all the calendars you need, continue to step 10.

Step 10: You should be on the Calendar Settings page and the "Calendars" tab. Click "Import Calendar" Click the "Choose file" button. Navigate to the folder you unzipped the calendars to and select the calendar you wish to import.
    Note: If you created multiple calendars in step 9, be sure you select the correct calendar in the "Choose Calendar" drop down.
    Click "Import"
    Note: If you have multiple calendars, DO NOT do any more, this must be done one at a time.

Step 11: In your Pre's "Preferences & Account" portion of the calendar application, tap "Sync Now" Wait until it is done before continuing. Exit the calendar application.

Step 12: Re-open your Pre's calendar application. Check if your data has appeared. If not, check that you followed the above steps. If so, congratulations!
    If you have multiple calendars, you must repeat steps 10-11 for each calendar you use.
    i can create events, no problem. i can't see ANYTHING for the current day on my calendar in daily view. i can see that i have events for the day in MONTHLY view but what good is that? i do get calendar alarms for meeting but it would be nice to be able to see my damn events.
    Just making sure...has everybody here updated to webOS 1.0.4?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I'd really like to see an option to have my calendar appointments remain on my screen like the Treo Today screen. I don't know to whom to make that suggestion, but it would be a huge help to me. Setting a reminder for a day in advance is just not working since you have to dismiss the reminder and it's gone. I like an 'in my face' kinda set up.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Since the 1.0.3 update the calendar syncing has been noticeably better but it still stinks (I'm on 1.0.4 now BTW).

Most appointments I create on the Pre sync to my Google calendar. Some arbitrarily don't. While the number of total appointments which sync to my Google calendar has gone up since the system updates, there are still some which are missing. I've done numerous resets and manual syncing with no luck. Does anyone think this is acceptable?

Seems like the Pre's calendar is still in a BAD beta state!

Venting: Good Lord! Doesn't anybody else care that the calendar is junk!?! Forget all the missing basic features, what's there now doesn't work right!

(Sorry about that.) Does anybody know why some events just refuse to sync from the Pre to Google?
    ==

--
    WOHOO!! I just figured it out! I did a little more research and I found where Palm said that the 1.0.3 update (which supposedly fixed the syncing problems between Pre and Google calendar) fixed the problem where appointments containing various symbols wouldn't sync. Well, turns out they didn't catch the ampersand (that's the "and sign" like this "&").

I spotted this symbol in a couple of appointments on my Pre and changed it to the word "and," and like magic, those appointments synced to the Google calendar flawlessly!!!

I sure hope this helps someone else. (And I hope it helps Palm whenever their 1.0.5 update hits.)
    Last edited by larnapp; 07/08/2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Workaround Discovered (still a Calendar bug though)
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Ironically, until I knew the answer, I would never have found your thread with the solution. All I knew was that some of my appointments wouldn't sync. Didn't know why. (My search for "Google Calendar" in these forums unfortunately didn't point me to your thread as I wish it had.)

Still, I appreciate all the details in your thread (even though you had to lead me by the hand to it) and your testing. That extra info helps.
    We're all here to help each other.
    Mark A. Einersen