Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I logged into some site off of palm... i think it is palm.com/palmprofile

Where can i export all my palm profile contacts?

I am a little confused. Does it exisit? Will it exist? Whats the point of the palm profile? I know when you get a new device, it downlaod all your previous apps automatically. But what about contacts? I wanna merge them with google but i cant
    Any contacts you store on the palm profile will be restored automatically to the new device. Now, that being said i do not know how you would move them once they are there. I actually use Google for my contacts and have it set up as the default account for any new contacts so tey will go their instead of PALM.
    This didn't work for me. Facebook moved and that was it. Sprint can't push from my old pre to the new one either. I get to manually move all 231 contacts. JOY!!!!!
    Austinjay where did you purchase your pre? The authorized sprint stores all have a device that will transfer data from your old phone to the pre. If they didn't offer that option to you at the time of purchase then that's not a very good sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Austinjay where did you purchase your pre? The authorized sprint stores all have a device that will transfer data from your old phone to the pre. If they didn't offer that option to you at the time of purchase then that's not a very good sign.
    They have two of those machines. None of them could read my old Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    I logged into some site off of palm... i think it is palm.com/palmprofile

Where can i export all my palm profile contacts?

I am a little confused. Does it exisit? Will it exist? Whats the point of the palm profile? I know when you get a new device, it downlaod all your previous apps automatically. But what about contacts? I wanna merge them with google but i cant
    I would export them to a CSV file, then import them into Google.

When you put contacts into the Pre, it will put them into your default contact list (unless you tell it otherwise). If you're not using a "cloud" contact list (Google, Exchange, etc), then the default will be the Pre Profile. That is a database on your device that Palm has not exposed yet (to the average user).

That's the problem with Pre Profile, you don't really have access to it yet. Plus, it appears (I'm guessing, since I didn't do it), that Palm/Sprint's transfer system exports your existing stuff to the Pre Profile, not the could contact list.

Which, again, means you don't have much access to it. At least, not yet.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Bought my Pre last Thursday and was told Contacts were transferred form Centro to Pre. Much to my chagrin discovered Friday night that only A's" and"B's" from my Significant Centro Contact List had been Transferred!!! Today visited the Corporate Store where it was purchased and told a first not a problem, but 30 minutes later was told they couldn't do it. Don't understand why they can do "A's" and "B's" and not the rest. Called Sprint CS and got thru to Advanced Technical Support who explained to me that Centro was on a Hot Sync foramte and that Pre was a Data Transfer Format and they would send me a link via email to make that happen. Got home from Corporate Store and no link via email.

What kind of "Ready Now" Customer/Technical Suport is this ???!!!!

I'm not going to transfer 400 Contacts, manually to my Pre. What really gets me is that they knew all along that there was a problem with this transfer and didn't say a word.

Like the way Pre feels, having to go thru a learning curve, which is ok, but not transferring 400 contacts via hand.

It may be back to the Centro. Just can't keep my customer base waintig to communicate til they all get manually transferred.

Anyone know of a solution, quick!
    I downloaded Chapura (?) Manager that came on the CD with phone. This allows transfer of contacts from either Palm Desktop or Outlook. You upload to desktop/laptop, have Wifi on and it works. I might have forgot a step, so read directions.

This worked great for me.

Then, as you said, I traded my Pre, they tried to transfer, picked up maybe 5% of contacts at store. Went home, opened above, turned on Wifi, transferred immediately.

Try it, search for more info.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I downloaded Chapura (?) Manager that came on the CD with phone. This allows transfer of contacts from either Palm Desktop or Outlook. You upload to desktop/laptop, have Wifi on and it works. I might have forgot a step, so read directions.

This worked great for me.

Then, as you said, I traded my Pre, they tried to transfer, picked up maybe 5% of contacts at store. Went home, opened above, turned on Wifi, transferred immediately.

Try it, search for more info.
    Interesting! I can find no CD that came with the phone. You mean came with the Pre right?Where did you find Chapura (?) Manager?

Thanks for you help!
    What is the difference b/w the Palm Profile vs. the Google profile?

I currently have mine set with Google as my preference, but what would happen if I changed it to Palm profile?

I am trying to find a way to transfer my Pre contacts to Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasado View Post
    I'm not going to transfer 400 Contacts, manually to my Pre. What really gets me is that they knew all along that there was a problem with this transfer and didn't say a word.

Like the way Pre feels, having to go thru a learning curve, which is ok, but not transferring 400 contacts via hand.

It may be back to the Centro. Just can't keep my customer base waintig to communicate til they all get manually transferred.

Anyone know of a solution, quick!
    Do you plan on doing any "cloud" contact list?

If so, export your Centro's contact list, using the desktop PIM, to a CSV file. Import it into your cloud contact list. This is what I did for Exchange, and didn't lose a contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasado View Post
    Interesting! I can find no CD that came with the phone. You mean came with the Pre right?Where did you find Chapura (?) Manager?

Thanks for you help!
    Here's their website. I didn't see information about the cost, but I'm sure it's there somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    What is the difference b/w the Palm Profile vs. the Google profile?

I currently have mine set with Google as my preference, but what would happen if I changed it to Palm profile?

I am trying to find a way to transfer my Pre contacts to Google.
    If you change the default to Palm, you will be saving newly created contacts in your Pre's database (by default).
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    If you change the default to Palm, you will be saving newly created contacts in your Pre's database (by default).
    which you cannot export to a csv file from palms profile website, which tells me whats the point then?

How do you transfer you palm pre profiles form you phone to your pc then?
    We need a way to sync Google with the Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    which you cannot export to a csv file from palms profile website, which tells me whats the point then?

How do you transfer you palm pre profiles form you phone to your pc then?
    The Palm Pre data is stored on the phone. I don't know of a way to export it without rooting.

As a root user, you can access the SQLite database, and export from there, using the information from the developer's WIKI.

I deliberaletly chose not to export my old data to the Palm Pre internal database because I knew that, at least initially, the data would be hard to get to to import/export (beyond Palm's initial import service). Instead, I chose to use the cloud (in my case, Exchange, but other service have import/export abilities), and export from my old Palm data, to a CSV, and then import into Exchange.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Thanks for all your suggestions and help! I went to a Srpint Repair Center today and they transferred ALL (532) my contacts from Centro to Pre in about 7 minutes!! Don't understand how Corporate Store CSR's who are supposedly trained to do this when you buy a phone and the Advanced Technical Support folks at the Phone Centers are so misinformed and or non informed. That is a total of 6 Sprint Employees that I dealt with before I got to the 7th who did a great job!!!!

Really would like to see Sprint and Palm make it, but their "Ready Now Program" has failed to reach a vast majority of their face to the world.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I also fail to see the point of the palm profile at this point
    and whats annoying is that for each contact all the info is in duplicate palm/google
    which is annoying.
    Is there a way to transfer from palm to google? i'd rather just delete all palm contacts all together, if it can't be accessed then it's pointless to have.
    I'm so confused. I just bought a Pre from Best Buy and they were no help at all. How do I go about setting up contacts in my Palm Profile? Is there a way I can do it online?
    Just my 2 cents:

I had my launch day pre set with Palm Profile as default... a week ago my pre was stolen, when Asurion replaced it I logged into my Palm Profile... and it said no back up information available or something down that line (perhaps sprint wiped my account w/o my knowledge... who knows??).

I called Palm and was waiting for a rep for 30 mins before I hung up... Because I just downloaded hotsync (treo) and connected my treo to my computer and got the contacts... then imported them to google.

So I don't trust Palm's Profile right now and will continue to use googles.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast