1.    #1  
    I've been trying to sync my Pre with Outlook 2003 thru Pocket Mirror for WebOS with no luck. When I initiate a sync with my Pocket Mirrow on my Pre I get the following error "Firewall Blocking Access". I have Norton Internet Security (v15.5.0.23) and have configured the software firewall to allow acces to the Sync Manager, but I still get the same error.

Could it be my Belkin N1 router is blocking access also? If so, how do I allow Pocket Mirror access?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I'm not having that problem, and I've got a Belkin and Norton. I've used both a Belkin pre-N and a Buffalo Airstation with no problems, so I don't think a router firewall is the problem, though you could check the router's log. You presumably have verified that your Pre and the PC are both connected to your wireless network. Norton (16.5.0.135) has given me no problems. Any chance that more than one firewall is operating on your PC?

After you hit the sync button, you should see "verifying account" followed by "locating desktop." Does the firewall error message come after that?

You may need to contact Chapura tech support on this one.

For some reason Pocket Mirror does sometimes tell me that there's no wireless network available, even though the Pre is definitely connected and the signal is excellent. But a 2d try usually takes care of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashinator View Post
    I've been trying to sync my Pre with Outlook 2003 thru Pocket Mirror for WebOS with no luck. When I initiate a sync with my Pocket Mirrow on my Pre I get the following error "Firewall Blocking Access". I have Norton Internet Security (v15.5.0.23) and have configured the software firewall to allow acces to the Sync Manager, but I still get the same error.

Could it be my Belkin N1 router is blocking access also? If so, how do I allow Pocket Mirror access?
    well first turn the firewall totally off for a few seconds. try to connect. if it does, u know its a firewall problem for sure. IF not, then try same thing with router just to find out where the problem lies (then turn ur firewalls back on)
    I can't get mine to sync either. Most of the time it just hangs on "Locating desktop". Sometimes it suggests that my firewall is blocking it. Occasionally it gets to where it looks like it is synching, but it just hangs. I have tried disabling CA firewall and anti-virus. Windows firewall is disabled. I don't see anything in my D-Link router that looks like it would block it.
    I can't seem to download a proper working version of the Pocket Mirror installation file for the desktop. I've tried to download it twice now from the Chapura website and there seems to be a problem when the installation tries to initiate the Microsoft account manager program. Any one have a working version of the desktop installation program for the PocketMirror WebOS? I know it's beta, but damn it, at least betas install before crashing.
    I've been able to sync with it successfully, well, that was before tonight's update:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...d-warning.html
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue. I know there is no firewall enabled on my computer. I didn't see anything in my D-Link router that would block access either. I'm going to try setting the DMZ to the IP of my computer to ensure that there's nothing blocking access.

I tried syncing one thing at a time (contacts then calendar), but that didn't work either.

I did manage to get it to work back in June, but it's been two and a half weeks before a sync. This is very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Send an email to Chapura at support@chapura.com.
    They are very helpful and respond usually within a day.