Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Hello All,

I have searched this forum to no avail, so I am guessing the answer is "No." However, I will ask it anyway:

I have an Exchange account with Outlook. My father, who is getting a Pre, too (and for whom I am tech support), is currently using Palm Desktop, but also has Outlook without Exchange and would be willing to switch. He is a heavy user of Memos. Neither of us has any interest in using Google for anything.

The question: Does any non-Google way to sync memos from Outlook (or Palm Desktop) to the Pre exist? Neither Chapura nor Missing Sync list this functionality, and these are the only local-sync options I can find.

By the way, he likes to edit his memos both on his phone and at the computer, so the sync would have to go both ways.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Currently this is not an option.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    If you check the palm support page, it will show you what they sync, sorry since my posts are below 10 i cannot post direct link....
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Unless I post once more
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    He can use Evernote, but it is separate from Exchange.

They have a free version and sync with just about any Desktop or Phone.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Synchronization Summary Chart - webOS
    From the link you posted, it looks like notes don't even Sync with Exchange! If that's the case, what's the next best, Evernote? Can my dad get his myriad Palm Desktop Memos into Evernote easily?

Edit: I see someone has proposed Evernote. So this is a good solution, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by xImtc View Post
    From the link you posted, it looks like notes don't even Sync with Exchange! If that's the case, what's the next best, Evernote? Can my dad get his myriad Palm Desktop Memos into Evernote easily?

Edit: I see someone has proposed Evernote. So this is a good solution, then?
    Evernote is non-native, so not as smooth, but infinitely more powerful than Memos. For one, it is built around the cloud. I make a note from a computer in my work car, and I can then access it from the office computer, my phone, my home, no-syncing-like! It also does wonders with every source you can imagine -- images, web pages, notes you type in, etc.

In short, Evernote rocks!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Good idea, never thought about using evernote as a replacement for memo's, but it does make great sense.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    +1 for Evernote. Its an extremely strong concept. The Pre client is still in infancy but I guarantee it will get a lot better in short order and it will become the the standard for note/memo management the Pre.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkoCommie View Post
    Evernote is non-native, so not as smooth, but infinitely more powerful than Memos. For one, it is built around the cloud. I make a note from a computer in my work car, and I can then access it from the office computer, my phone, my home, no-syncing-like! It also does wonders with every source you can imagine -- images, web pages, notes you type in, etc.

In short, Evernote rocks!
    Okay. Last question and then I'll go away (for a while): Is Evernote online only? That is, if I'm out of cell-phone service (and WiFi), then are the notes inaccessible?
    There is a very easy way to get all your Outlook notes or Palm Desktop Memos into evernote.

-Sync your old Palm device with Outlook
    -Install Evernote client for your desktop.
    -Start Outlook and select (highlight) all your notes
    -Click on "Send to Evernote" from you Outlook toolbar.

Almost instantly all you notes will be in Evernote and accessible from any computer, any phone, anywhere you are that has an Internet connection.

The search feature in Evernote is very powerful and you can find the exact note you are looking for in seconds.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by xImtc View Post
    Okay. Last question and then I'll go away (for a while): Is Evernote online only? That is, if I'm out of cell-phone service (and WiFi), then are the notes inaccessible?
    As of today they are inaccessible. In time Evernote will make a client that will cache you notes on the Pre so they will be accessible and search-able when offline, just like your Pre Contacts and Calendar data is now.
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011