1.    #1  
    Let me first state that I do not own a Pre yet. I'm still using my same trusty Treo650 which I purchased on the first day it was released! I'm VERY interested in buying the Pre, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can about it first.

I understand how emails are received on the Pre via OTA synching with Gmail, other email clients, etc. as shown in Dieter's in depth review videos. However; I'm confused on how emails are SENT from the Pre.

When you send an email created on the Pre (not a reply to a received email mind you, rather a newly created outgoing email), what email service sends it? Will I be able to identify if the email I create is sent from Gmail? ...or Exchange? ...or other email account?

Being on the road frequently for work, my worry is that I might send a work related email to a customer only to find that the customer received the email from my personal Gmail or Yahoo account versus Exchange. Additionally, on the flip side, I wouldn't want my work Outlook Exchange email signature on a personal email that I might be sending to someone on Craigslist for example.

Any insight into how newly created emails are SENT via the Pre would be appreciated! Thanks!

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    There is a drop down at the top of every newly created email that states clearly which email address you are emailing from.

Also, if you are currently browsing your exchange account, and do a new mail or a reply, it will use the exchange account by default to make this email. Same goes for if you are currently looking at your gmail inbox. That being said, this is just the default, and you can switch to any active account you have running on your pre by just switching the drop down.

From Dieter's review:

The top line reads "from dieter@smartphoneexperts.com" (or something to that effect) and to the right there is an arrow. Just tap anywhere on that entire line and it will show you options of what account you are sending the email from.

Also, you can go into the preferences for each account and set a different Signature for each account. When in mail, tap the left hand corner (where it says email) and you will see a "preferences and accounts" option - tap on each individual account here and you can set your signature for that account.
  3.    #3  
    cookedart,

Thanks much for that comprehensive reply! It makes perfect sense to me now.

This weekend, I hope to find some time to mess around with a live demo Pre at Best Buy or a Sprint store.

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Don't waste your time looking for a live demo at Best Buy, most of the store are only carrying the plastic mock up. I've heard most Sprint stores have at least one, sometimes more, live Pre's
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gepeder View Post
    Don't waste your time looking for a live demo at Best Buy, most of the store are only carrying the plastic mock up. I've heard most Sprint stores have at least one, sometimes more, live Pre's
    Thanks for the tip!