1.    #1  
    So i never really used facebook, had an account in college that i forgot my login too. Start another one awhile back that i basically never used. Well now w the good ole pres mass syncing i feel like i should start transitioning to facebook from myspace. I really like that it pulls pics in for ea contact from facebook thats pretty cool. BUT now that i decided id use it more i went back to try and recover my college account. Figured out my old login and got in, woo. First thing i did was went to change my email address to my current one (which happens to also be my email for my second account i had made). i changed it, got a confirmation email from facebook and clicked the link to confirm. Now i am locked out of both my accounts! It always says incorrect password. I tried to reset the password but i never got an email with a new one. Have tried to contact facebook multiple times but thats like getting the "youtube guys" to show up and film my birthday party. Anyone got any thoughts? I don't want to create a third account because now when ppl search my name they will find the other accounts and add the wrong one. Which is what was happening w the old college account. But i'm tired of my pre beeping at me and telling me to reenter my facebook password.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    A few months ago facebook banned my account for no reason and wouldn't tell me why. I emailed them (forgot the address, its on FB somewhere) asking to reinstate my account or at least say why. They refused. I set up a new account and 2 days later they reinstated my old one.

Do like I did and just create a new email for FB purposes but not the same one you are using for an existing account.

Don't you love how FB is so quick to ban someone who accidentally has a duplicate account but there are tons of faceless, nameless, bs accounts that they never ban.
  3.    #3  
    I just hate it because now theres 3 of me on there and it makes it difficult for ppl to add me and find me. I have never been a facebook fan, the interface is just absurd its so hard to get around. I'm not a huge social networking person anyways but i always found myspace easy to use and customizable. I don't really understand where the big facebook push has come from. But regardless its just quite annoying to be using it legit like with my phone now and then get locked out. Like it worries me about these "free services" that offer no customer support at all. Same with google, what if suddenly they removed our google calendar? At work thats all we use, and being a free service, something wonky could happen like that and tough luck you didn't pay for it. So i dunno, makes me nervous.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Just create another account and then contact them from that account. I am sure they'd be willing (once you created a new account) to either merge the three, or delete the other two.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny360 View Post
    I just hate it because now theres 3 of me on there and it makes it difficult for ppl to add me and find me. I have never been a facebook fan, the interface is just absurd its so hard to get around. I'm not a huge social networking person anyways but i always found myspace easy to use and customizable. I don't really understand where the big facebook push has come from. But regardless its just quite annoying to be using it legit like with my phone now and then get locked out. Like it worries me about these "free services" that offer no customer support at all. Same with google, what if suddenly they removed our google calendar? At work thats all we use, and being a free service, something wonky could happen like that and tough luck you didn't pay for it. So i dunno, makes me nervous.
    Hey man I did a bit of searching and found this email address disabled (at) facebook dot com. they say if your account is locked or disabled to email them from the associated email address and provide a brief description.

Hopefully this helps, Good Luck!
    I thought there was a way to delete your account?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by korionmorris View Post
    Hey man I did a bit of searching and found this email address disabled (at) facebook dot com. they say if your account is locked or disabled to email them from the associated email address and provide a brief description.

I've tried that, got an automated response a week ago and nothing else since.
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Facebook doesn't give you the option of deleting your account, but temporarily suspending it leaving all your pictures, contact and settings intact should you ever decided you've made a mistake and want to come back.

There's actually a lot of debate about this issue, and how it's some sort of violation of privacy that they don't give you a choice to permanently erase all that personal information.

I actually think it's handy, considering all the people I know who need to temporarily close their account for privacy reasons or decide to take a Facebook hiatus because they've come to terms with the fact that they're just too addicted.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by korionmorris View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I think I emailed disabled@fb and eventually had success reinstating an account.

They never actually delete your account. You can reactivate a disabled account just by logging in. FB is kind enough to keep your email so you can't reuse it.

Old FB was cool. New FB sucks.
    I used facebook for a few weeks, was ridiculous. Generally speaking reminded me of the Cell Phone Idiots who think everythign is about them and scream on the train what they are eating for dinner. Seems everyone was just bragging what they are doing. "Im walking my dog" , "I just got back from walking my dog" or "Im reading a book now" . "Im taking my kids to the zoo" . just drove me crazy. Seems alot of folks are into FB but not me . I know im in the minority but I just hate FB and Twitter etc.

Couple of years ago it was Classmates then MySpace , then FaceBook , now Twitter . Next year it will be something new and FB will be like myspace is now most likely.