1.    #1  
    I can't post on people's walls or send them messages by typing their name on the home screen (unlike how I can send them SMS)

I can't use Facebook chat through the Messaging app

So what the hell is the point? I synced my Facebook account and was kinda annoyed since I had to import all 140-ish people, but then I realized there wasn't any point to it. The contacts I'm actually friends with (aka not just 'hey we had the same math class in 10th grade'), I can get info from them if I need to fill out all their contact info.
    I have a number of friends on Facebook that have their numbers posted. It's convenient to have them in my address book. But I'm pretty selective on who are my FB friends.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    well i actually tried today to chat on the messenger on facebook and it worked fine.

But your not the only one annoyed with all the people that get put into your contacts after syncing, sucks, but hope you have time to delete them one by one.
    ya a lot of people are *****ing about not being able to delete facebook contacts from the pre. I hope this makes them change that.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Newberry View Post
    well i actually tried today to chat on the messenger on facebook and it worked fine.

But your not the only one annoyed with all the people that get put into your contacts after syncing, sucks, but hope you have time to delete them one by one.
    You can't delete them. You also can't delete AIM contacts, even if you've removed them from your AIM account. It's stupid.

And wait, Messenger supports FB chat? Didn't know that.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I think its odd that they don't have a dedicated facebook app like the iphone.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e esqe View Post
    I think its odd that they don't have a dedicated facebook app like the iphone.
    I think it's coming. But I hope it's got system-wide integration like Facebook for BB (e.g. where I can go to a person in my contacts, hit the BB menu button and select "Write on Wall" as an option if they're linked to a Facebook contact).

And Newberry are you sure that was FB chat? I looked in the accounts options for the Messenger app and there was no Facebook option.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Group syncing is coming soon to synergy. You will be able to select which facebook groups and which google contacts groups you want to sync and ignore the rest.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    Group syncing is coming soon to synergy. You will be able to select which facebook groups and which google contacts groups you want to sync and ignore the rest.
    Source?
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
    What's the point of Facebook integration?
    Good question. I might be turning into a grumpy old man but why anyone would want to know when a friend of yours from Grade 5 picks his nose is beyond me. Christ, you are so plugged into the details of everyone's life that you have nothing to talk with them about when you actually see them in the flesh.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    guys I have over 200 contacts on my face book and my PRE on only synced like 30 of them (the ones that don't have a number I don't mind but about 70% have a phone number) I went into contact then preferences and the password is never set so re-enter the password then sync still about 30, same goes for my google contacts. Am I doing something wrong here or Pre won't sync all of them for you too??????
    So even though the Facebook Phone is a rumor. I saw this article saying it is still a good idea. Just curious what people think about the author's ideal Facebook experience on a phone and whether Palm met it or could meet it in future version.

Article:

Facebook Should Absolutely Build a Mobile Phone: Tech News )
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Holy frap this thread is more than a year old!
    Not sure what version of facebook you're using, but I can post on my friend's walls no problem.... Check out Facebook Beta v1.3.1 works fine. As far as chatting, you have to instal facebook chat spoof( patch in Preware), follow all the directions and that again, works fine. As for your other problems, I can't help you but hopefully that alleves some of your troubles

lol I read the end of the thread.... HOPEFULLY you got it figured out by now
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    Holy frap this thread is more than a year old!
    Meh...yah, I never know when its right to start a new thread. I thought the title of this thread matched the article I posted.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here