Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Sometimes I'm using a full-size computer and I read my Gmail emails. My inbox could be totally read, and then I open my Pre. My Pre thinks I still need to read those emails. I don't want to have to click through each email over and over.

Why doesn't the Pre see the emails like an IMAP account in my Outlook 2007? Am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I use the web version to read my mails and they are marked read when I go to the Pre. Perhaps its your outlook thats broke.
    Try hitting the refresh button while you're in the inbox on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Well, I don't think Outlook is broken because I rarely use the web version, but after I read my emails in Outlook I just checked gmail web site--and all the emails are marked as read. And still my Pre shows that I have unread emails in my gmail account and my hotmail account even though both those accounts only have old mail I've already looked at.

I hit the refresh button and it seemed to work once or twice, but a majority of the time hitting that button results in no relevant, significant results.

I wonder if the next OS update will fix this, or am I the only having this problem?
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I don't have the problem. The notifications still stay up on the screen for me, but if I go to the mail app inbox, they either aren't in there anymore, or marked as read.

I use the gmail web client mostly, so I don't know if that's the reason or not.
    I also use the Gmail web client on a PC often, and I have the same problem with messages not being marked as read on the Pre, even after multiple manual refreshes.

Any ideas?
    yeah mine does that I hit refresh on the Pre and it fixes it. Do that and you'll be fine.
    To OP, are you using POP to or IMAP IN Outlook. To be Frank, Outlook does not do IMAP well, or Gmail for that matter.
    I have the opposite problem. If I read an email on the Pre or Gmail, it still shows as UNREAD in Outlook but if I delete an email in Gmail it IS deleted in Outlook. Any thoughts on why messages read in Gmail DO NOT show as read in Outlook?

I am using IMAP.
    Last edited by sjamie; 07/05/2009 at 03:39 AM.