Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My theory is that the facebook contacts with missing pics are due to poor pic quality. I looked at the facebook page of each contact with missing pics and their profile pic was of low quality. I know its a pain but if you are super anal about having pics for each contact you can create an empty contact, link it with the facebook contact, set the default as "palm" for that contact. Then just do a screen capture of a better pic on their facebook and add it to the empty contact that's linked. Yes... A real pain.
    I'm also having the issue where some of my facebook contact pictures aren't being synced. Deleting and re-adding the account doesn't seem to help at all.
    I have this too. It is the same contact - his picture never shows up.

t
    Same problem here, very annoying.

My known contact has changed his facebook pic multiple times and still no pic on the Pre.
    Good thing I didn't make a new thread. I'm having the same problem. only real reason it's annoying me is because I use Quick Contacts and I have 8 pic boxes and 1 box with a name in it.. kinda annoying.
    I've been having this problem, and it seems to me that my FB pics appear for my contacts where that is the only profile, but it won't appear for my contacts where I have a Facebook and Google profile, even if FB is set as the primary. Is anyone else's situation the same?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by hanft00 View Post
    I've been having this problem, and it seems to me that my FB pics appear for my contacts where that is the only profile, but it won't appear for my contacts where I have a Facebook and Google profile, even if FB is set as the primary. Is anyone else's situation the same?
    No, all of my contacts are on a Google profile... with the majority on Facebook as well, this is not the problem (mere coincidence).
    Has anyone confirmed whether 1.2 fixes this issue?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    So no one found a fix for this? I'm running into it - can't get the wife's photo to show up linked to her FB profile - yet all my other random friends get photos, annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by mplutodh1 View Post
    So no one found a fix for this? I'm running into it - can't get the wife's photo to show up linked to her FB profile - yet all my other random friends get photos, annoying!
    So whats the problem, you can't remember what your wife looks like????

Just kidding.

t
    Yep, My gf's old FB photo is still displayed, but she updated hers almost a month ago. Some friends' photos update but her's hasn't.

My brother's FB pic hasn't shown up at all and I've been waiting for his since June 6th.

FB is set to default profile on all, it doesn't seem to matter whether there's a google profile.

Let's hope 1.2 fixes this.
    Surely somebody with 1.2 has tested this. Anyone??????

t
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t0ph View Post
    I have a theory - bear with me.

I think that it might have something to do with the privacy settings of each individual's facebook account. Just a theory, but I think it makes *some* sense.
    I'm almost positive this is correct. Synergy is an external program that needs to be granted access to your facebook account. However there is a privacy option in facebook that can disable external programs from accessing information. So your friends that aren't showing up have selected that option to not allow their information to be shared. For those of you who have your contacts but they don't have pictures, you can also just stop those external apps from accessing your profile picture. To view these options sign into facebook and go to:

settings/privacy settings/applications/settings

Check it out. My friend who has a Pre said he couldn't see my picture. I checked the box "Profile picture" and then a few hours later my picture showed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmarksalot View Post
    I'm almost positive this is correct. Synergy is an external program that needs to be granted access to your facebook account. However there is a privacy option in facebook that can disable external programs from accessing information. So your friends that aren't showing up have selected that option to not allow their information to be shared. For those of you who have your contacts but they don't have pictures, you can also just stop those external apps from accessing your profile picture. To view these options sign into facebook and go to:

settings/privacy settings/applications/settings

Check it out. My friend who has a Pre said he couldn't see my picture. I checked the box "Profile picture" and then a few hours later my picture showed up.
    Does the Pre access the information as an application or simply as the user? If it did it as an application, then we (as a facebook user) should have had to give the application specific permission to access our own accounts before it could even pull our friend names - much less pictures. But as we didn't, I suspect it access the info as a user (in much the same way that x.facebook.com does.)

Or, I could simply be blowing smoke ...

t
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by terryg View Post
    Does the Pre access the information as an application or simply as the user? If it did it as an application, then we (as a facebook user) should have had to give the application specific permission to access our own accounts before it could even pull our friend names - much less pictures. But as we didn't, I suspect it access the info as a user (in much the same way that x.facebook.com does.)

Or, I could simply be blowing smoke ...

t
    I think giving your sign in information is all the permission needed...much like if you give facebook your email's sign in information it can search your contacts to see if any of them have facebook accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmarksalot View Post
    I think giving your sign in information is all the permission needed...much like if you give facebook your email's sign in information it can search your contacts to see if any of them have facebook accounts.
    Then, this would not be accessing the information as a facebook application. This would be Synergy 'logging in' as you. And if that is the case, if you (as a user) have permission to see a contacts picture, then Synergy should also. I don't think it can be locked out separately. Not unless it is running as a facebook application. (Sorta the way FriendsFlow works.)

t
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Guys...not sure this is a Facebook permissions issue. I don't run Facebook, but am seeing the exact same thing in my Google Contacts after having to do a WebOS Doctor.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    Guys...not sure this is a Facebook permissions issue. I don't run Facebook, but am seeing the exact same thing in my Google Contacts after having to do a WebOS Doctor.

Its defiantly not a Facebook permission issue... its on Palm's side.

Removing my Facebook account and re-adding it multiple times has cured a few pictures but some are just stubborn.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Its defiantly not a Facebook permission issue... its on Palm's side.

Removing my Facebook account and re-adding it multiple times has cured a few pictures but some are just stubborn.
    Any improvement with 1.2?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Any improvement with 1.2?
    Not by default... I'll remove the account and add it again later today or tomorrow and report back.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast