1.    #1  
    Having a consistent issue with my Pre auto-disconnecting. If I select Media sync, it loads itunes; says it is syncing then the Pre shows the launcher screen. iTunes says it is ok to disconnect; shows Pre as connected, but it is not. Unable to load any music or playlists.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
  2.    #2  
    Deleted all sub-directories within the itunes control folder on the Pre. This caused iTunes to see it as a new device; was able to transfer music and playlists after woods.

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    hi, how did you do this exactly? i am having the same problem and cant figure out how to do what you did to fix it. please help, thanks!!!
  4.    #4  
    can't remember - may have had to turn-on viewing hidden files, to be able to delete files.