Email Application Alert
    Error sending...

have the following setup for my roadrunner mail acct
    outgoing mail server-
    smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Use Authentication OFF
    Port 25
    Encryption None

Suggestions or anyone else having this issue??
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by motor View Post
    worked fine prior to 1.03 update...
    now get a
    Email Application Alert
    Error sending...

have the following setup for my roadrunner mail acct
    outgoing mail server-
    smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Use Authentication OFF
    Port 25
    Encryption None

Suggestions or anyone else having this issue??
    thanks
    Try turning on Authentication and use your NAI (vision username.. EXample: jdoe2124"AT"sprintpcs.com) as the username and set your password at sprint.com->My Online Tools->Email password.

Or, try changing your outgoing server to be roadrunners with SSL turned on (so it will user port 465 instead of 25). I have documented this in several threads that the Pre is blocking outbound traffic on port 25 unless its destined to smtp.sprintpcs.com.

Sorry, had to put "AT" instead of @ because I don't have 10 posts.. LOL.
  3.    #3  
    kind of u to reply...
    had ended up callimg sprint tech support. first tech said to change out going mail server to tampabay.rr.com then got 2nd level tech support that said to change it back to sprintpcs.com and use my sprint user name and password per one of your suggestions above. my old treo 755p used sprintpcs.com for out going mail server as well so maybe that is a requirement when setting up ones out going mail server....I really don't' know this stuff in detail yet.
    thanks again...
    weird though, I still think the 1.03 update changed my outgoing server to tampabay else it was as before (and worked ok that way with 1.02) but no longer worked in 1.03
    sprint support has a long way to go before they are 'good' but if you stay on the line long enough it seems they will get you to someone that has a clue and fixes any issues...or so I think in this case.