1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to setup 1and1 MailXchange on the Pre? I got my domain name and hosted email all from them, and was hoping that I can get true Push email as well. My POP account works fine but all emails are spread all over my desk top, cell phone and webmail and they are not sync'd. A total mess. After I ordered the MailXchange service, I was reading the admin manual but did not see the Pre listed as supported device. You have to download a small program to your cell phone to sync and it may not work on the Pre. Customer service was no help either. Any suggestions? Plus the contract is a one year deal and can not be terminated until next year. Paying for nothing for one year. Yikes!
    Just add an Email account to the Pre, the type is EAS. You can pretty much follow 1and1's iPhone instructions, they should be very similar for the Pre.
  3.    #3  
    I tried that but not sure how to fill in the server information. I'd appreciate if you can give me a link on the Iphone settings as I am googling all morning now. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure MailXChange only pushes to Windows Mobile devices. You will need a Microsoft Exchange (different animal from MailXChange) package which 1and1 also sells.
  5. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by LVRealtor View Post
    I'm pretty sure MailXChange only pushes to Windows Mobile devices. You will need a Microsoft Exchange (different animal from MailXChange) package which 1and1 also sells.
    Agreed. You need their hosted exchanged services. A bit more per month. I think 1and1's going rate is 3.49 a month.

See here: Email Solutions : Microsoft Exchange : 1&1 Internet Inc.
    Does your host not have IMAP?
  7. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdhx View Post
    Does anyone know how to setup 1and1 MailXchange on the Pre? I got my domain name and hosted email all from them, and was hoping that I can get true Push email as well. My POP account works fine but all emails are spread all over my desk top, cell phone and webmail and they are not sync'd. A total mess. After I ordered the MailXchange service, I was reading the admin manual but did not see the Pre listed as supported device. You have to download a small program to your cell phone to sync and it may not work on the Pre. Customer service was no help either. Any suggestions? Plus the contract is a one year deal and can not be terminated until next year. Paying for nothing for one year. Yikes!
    Original Poster: I'm not sure if you know, but google offers free email, for YOUR domain. Utilizing all gmail functions.

Google Apps

You get email @yourdomain.com under the gmail monkier, including push imap (imap idle), calendar, 25gb of storage, and you don't pay a dime. It's not hard to configure. If you need help, just ask. Honestly, I'd never pay someone to host my email for me.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for all the responses. 1and1 does have IMAP but I can only receive not sending messages. I actually ordered Google Apps first, could not get it work then canceled the free trial and booked MailXchange. So I will try to switch to 1and1 Mirco$oft Exchange and mess with Google Apps again. Wish me good luck and Thanks for all the help. You guys rock and so does Pre.
    I wouldn't use 1and1 for anything, yes they are huge but they have god awful support.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkam View Post
    I wouldn't use 1and1 for anything, yes they are huge but they have god awful support.
    I agree 100%! I used to use 1and1 with my WinMo phones and had so many problems. I did some research and ended up switching to SherWeb and am very happy now!
    -Marc K.
  11.    #11  
    I will try other email hosting sources. Hopefully it will be easy to setup for non-techie guy like me.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    The email setup for 1and1 POP3 is simple:

Incoming
    POP
    pop.1and1.com
    Email
    Password
    Port 110
    Encryption: OFF

Outgoing
    smtp.1and1.com