Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Palm did not release software for the Palm Pre, to directly sync it with Microsoft Outlook.
    The question is not how to work around it or rig it, but is Palm planning to resolve this?
    I'm asking to see if someone heard the answer from Palm, not debate the obvious.

Many seem ok with a 3 way bounce hop, routing through Google or Gmail. I don't care to bounce out and around and back with data, when sitting at the PC with the unit. A couple 3rd party programs work towards this sync, but do not include all features of Outlook. They get the Calendar and Contacts but no email, or include Email but no Tasks or Notes. So, it's a partial sync link at best, not a complete sync to all of Outlook's modules.

The WiFi approach verses a cable does present a neat 'no cable to plug in' approach. But since you have to plug it in to charge it, the common desktop craddle did both sync and charge the units in past. And no cable to fumble with or hole cover cap, just drop in and done. And the USB link up for data is a cable, so again the craddle did that for us.

So anyone heard if Palm has plans to address the missing needed part of this new great phone, a direct Sync software? Or has the progress of WebOS and the Pre, lost this simply but common sync link feature, between a desktop PC with Outlook to the Palm Pre?

There are a couple things the Pre is missing, like no video (I use a bit on old phone), but this missing easy Sync feature is a key reason why I have not gone to Sprint yet to upgrade my current Pocket-PC. It's either a Touch Pro or a Palm Pre, and well, prefer the Pre but...

Frolin
    Last edited by Frolin; 06/20/2009 at 10:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    784 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolin View Post
    A couple 3rd party programs work towards this sync, but do not include all features of Outlook. They get the Calendar and Contacts but no email, or include Email but no Tasks or Notes. So, it's a partial sync link at best, not a complete sync to all of Outlook's modules.

Frolin
    Do you happen to remember which 3rd party app does email but not tasks or notes? I am particularly interested in sync'ing Email, Contacts, and Calendar between Outlook and Gmail. Looks like CompanionLink does Calendar and Contacts, but not mail.

Thanks!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    David,
    I best update and say, that per Sprint 2nd Level Tech, and my reading various sites, I can not say if/which program will sync Outlook Email with the Pre, directly. Suppose to be ways to use Google or Gmail as a middle man, but I don't care to do that.

So today I don't know of a program that directly Sync's the Pre with Outlook's email, calendar and contacts, and includes the sub-folders as well (other variable/issue).

Frolin
    Chapura Pocket Mirror, like CompanionLink syncs contacts & calendar but no email!
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Chapura is planning to sync everything else, as it currently syncs the contacts and calendar, but it will be a paid app. No idea when it will be available.