Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've begun to clean up my contacts list via google contacts. I've merged duplicate names and fixed up email addresses and home addresses that were all transferred over in the wrong fields. Then, when I go to my Pre and click on "Sync Now", it says on the bottom that its syncing but when I check to see if the changes were reflected on my Pre, nothing is changed.

Also, I've changed one of my contact's home address directly on the Pre. Everytime I click "done" and go back and open his profile and look at the address, it reverts back to the incorrect version. Tried changing this a million times to no avail.

Whats up with this? I bought this phone for the whole "synergi" feature which backs the phone and it doesn't seem to even work right for me. What am I doing wrong???
    If you change the contact address in Google then sync, does the change show up on the Pre?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    I added a new contact on the Pre and its been days now and its not showing up on my Gmail account viewed from my Macbook. Actually I added two contacts that day and both of these contained a mailing address only. No email and no phone number. I'll have to try other scenarios. I've tried manually syncing the account from the Pre but no help.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Stillen_i30;1695870]Also, I've changed one of my contact's home address directly on the Pre. Everytime I click "done" and go back and open his profile and look at the address, it reverts back to the incorrect version. Tried changing this a million times to no avail.[QUOTE]

This keeps happening to me also - whenever I edit someone's info and hit done, it reverts back within 1 - 2 seconds - please help???
    My intial synch with my Pre to Gmail did not transfer the address information over, so if I were to make changes to addresses on the Pre it owuld auto undo itself. Once I manually updates the address information on my contacts on the Gmail account everything synch's fine, but now it no longer lists any of my contacts in Sprint Navigation, but it did before hand.
  6.    #6  
    Ok well it seems for the most part that any changes I make via my home computer on google contacts will sync down to the Pre.

On the contrary, any changes I make in the Pre either revert back to original on the pre, and/or they never show up on Google contacts on my computer.

I'm starting to feel some of this is due to the fact that I've linked contacts on my Pre, as it seems those are the contacts with whom I'm having issues with things being updated with. I don't think Google contacts recognizes accounts that are linked.

On the Pre, a "linked" contact shows up as a stack of pictures (or the contact's picture stacked above others). Single profiles are just a single picture. Anyone else notice these issues and have work arounds for them?
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    I just posted the same on the Palm forum. Maybe someone there will respond. Maybe not.

Does this Synergy thing really work? - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Forums
    Could the problems described here have anything to do with this issue/solution over on the Yahoo! Palm Pre Group??
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Has anyone never figured this out?? Im having a similar issue.....

If I update contacts on my phone they do not update my web contacts in google. But it does work the other way around?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    My contacts don't seem to sync unless I reset my phone.
    I have not noticed any issues syncing either way with Google, and I have tried now on two different Pres. Just tested again:

1. Created new contact (name and phone #) on Pre and manually synced. Contact appeared instantly on Google/Gmail.

2. Created new contact on Google/Gmail (company name and email) and waited fifteen minutes for the auto sync to occur. Contact appeared on Pre as expected.

This seems like some kind of preference setting in Google and/or on the Pre. Syncing with Google has nothing to do with the Palm Profile or the Pre backup app. I also find it hard to imagine that this has something to do with the device itself. Did you import contacts from a CSV file? I seem to recall someone (maybe in this thread?) who had done that but due to field use/locations in the original contacts program, the data was imported into different fields in Google, thus syncing/editing didn't seem to work properly at first. However, once this issue was identified and corrected, I think things went well from there. Maybe worth exploring?

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    Can anyone please explain how to sync my Pre phone numbers with gmail?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Can anyone please explain how to sync my Pre phone numbers with gmail?
    Do you already have your contacts in Gmail? If so, they will sync automatically once you've signed into Gmail/Google in the Email, Calendar or Contacts app. If you have your contacts exclusively on the Pre (i.e., in your Palm Profile) you will have to import them into Gmail Contacts. Off the top of my head I don't know the best way to do this, but I'm sure someone here know how or you can find out how by searching on www.palm.com/support.

HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    anyone have any additional info on this?

i've had my Pre a couple of weeks now and have sync'd multiple times but my contacts created on the Pre, never show up in the contacts of GMail (calendar works fine though).

thanks.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Did anyone consider going into the preferences of the contact list and making the gmail account the default location for new contacts?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Do you already have your contacts in Gmail? If so, they will sync automatically once you've signed into Gmail/Google in the Email, Calendar or Contacts app. If you have your contacts exclusively on the Pre (i.e., in your Palm Profile) you will have to import them into Gmail Contacts. Off the top of my head I don't know the best way to do this, but I'm sure someone here know how or you can find out how by searching on www.palm.com/support.

HTH,
    ME
    this is my EXACT issue! when i got the Pre, the salesmen in store moved all my contacts from my Centro onto my Pre...but... into the Palm Profile....

need to research further on now to move the contacts from the Palm profile into the Google profile!
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    The problem is you can't tell what numbers are on your palm profile (on the website).

My husband never sync his Pre with his desktop. He just entered the numbers into Google and let everything update from there. I think it was the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by networkguy View Post
    Did anyone consider going into the preferences of the contact list and making the gmail account the default location for new contacts?
    I was going to try that but I am afraid it will erase my contacts on the pre.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I was going to try that but I am afraid it will erase my contacts on the pre.
    i did...did nothing for showing my Palm Profile contacts as Google Profile contacts....
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by antmon1 View Post
    i did...did nothing for showing my Palm Profile contacts as Google Profile contacts....
    So it sync'ed gmail contacts with your pre contacts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast