Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Those of you with Google Gmail as you default contacts on the Pre, have you verified that if you input a contact on your Pre and Sync that that contact will appear on Gmail on a PC? Mine will not.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    If I change a contact from my pre that was originally pulled from Gmail, the change shows up on Gmail. Contacts that the Sprint store transferred from my old phone will NOT sync to Gmail. All those contacts have the Palm Sync icon (2 curved arrows) when I go to edit that contact. I don't see a way to change that.

New contacts will sync with Gmail. I guess I'm going to have to manually transfer all my contacts to Gmail, delete contacts off my phone and resync with Gmail. It's going to be a long night.
    Last edited by McPostal; 07/22/2009 at 11:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Wow, I wonder my new contacts don't sync with Gmail. New contacts created on the Pre, will not sync over to my Gmail. Google is my default on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    I deleted my Google Account on the Pre and then added it again and now it syncs fine. New stuff input on Pre is visible on Gmail on PC after a Sync. I lost about 20 contacts that I had input on the Pre previously when I deleted the account since I couldn't sort by newest entries, but its better I do it now than continue to operate in that broken state, I'd lose more if I waited.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    No, didn't do anything. Still got 200+ contacts in the Palm profile that won't move over to Google's profile.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antmon1 View Post
    No, didn't do anything. Still got 200+ contacts in the Palm profile that won't move over to Google's profile.
    Yeah your problem is different than mine. My contacts are all part of google profile but new contacts input on pre wouldn't sync to gmail until I deleted google account and recreated it on the pre.
    webOS 1.1 has improved how Google contacts sync -- check the release notes at http://www.palm.com/webos-pre-sprint-en.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Here's what I figured out and worked great two ways sync
    When you want to add new contact to your PRE, next to the name make sure you choice which profile you want to save the new contact to, if you choice Google, it will sync it to you Gmail account right away, but if you choice Palm Profile it will not sync it to your Gmail account.
    Still searching to learn how can I sync my Pre profile to my Gmail

Good luck
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12