webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > Yahoo Synergy / Mail
Yahoo Synergy / Mail

Old 06/19/2009, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Alright, I know this thread has been started before but it is kind of a deal breaker for me. The only thing holding me back from getting a Pre right now is that Synergy does not work with Yahoo. I have all my contacts and email with Yahoo and I really like it and do not plan on switching to Gmail. Does anyone have any extra info?

O and how does Yahoo email work on it? Does it have push (just the regular account not the Plus account)? I know some people have been having problems with it. Thanks.
fambo#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2009, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am anxiously waiting for Yahoo synergy too. It works great thru the email App for now. (Note: I have email thru yahoo web hosting so it's a business account with POP3 access). I use Pocket Mirror to sync my contacts/calendar from Outlook (I don't have Exhange) at home. Email pushes right to my phone rather quickly. If I have my Inbox open on my computer, the email gets to my phone before my Inbox auto-refreshes. Yahoo Email Plus is only $20.00/year - i found it worthwhile many years ago. i'm sure when Yahoo gets synergy you will need a Plus account. I'd wait to be sure tho.
blz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2009, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
Yahoo Email Plus is only $20.00/year - i found it worthwhile many years ago. i'm sure when Yahoo gets synergy you will need a Plus account. I'd wait to be sure tho.
Considering the free Push mail for iPhone users I wouldn't count on necessarily needing a paid account.
sglewis#WN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
synergy, yahoo

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0