1.    #1  
    I like to upload photos from my phone to Facebook mobile pics. On my old LG Muziq, I merely MMSed the photo with a description in the subject and the photo went to Facebook with the description.

With the Pre however, when I send a photo via the "MMS" option, the photo is delivered, but a "New Message" description shows up on Facebook instead of the text I send with the MMS.

Anyone know how to remedy this?
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    I would say just don't bother with the MMS option on the Pre.

Use the photo app- go the picture, tap the upper left icon, tap "upload", and you can directly upload to FB without using MMS.
  3.    #3  
    I like that option, though I don't see the ability to add descriptive text to the upload.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    I've never MMS'd a pic to facebook. However, one problem with using upload from the Photo app is that the pic goes into a 'mobile uploads' album. To my knowledge there's only one way to move the pics from moblie uploads into the album of choice: click on a pic, select edit, choose a new album from the drop down, go to my photos, go back into 'mobile uploads' and repeat.

It takes forever. Last week I had about 100 pics I had taken during a day trip into Boston and it took over an hour to move all the pics. Very frustrating.
    to add text just go to FB and click on the pic and edit it. You can also rotate it if need be. I do it from the Pre
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Sorry if this was aked, but should we be expecting a facebook app soon?

Considering the tight integration and even pre commercial built around FB then it seems odd that there isn't an app out.
    The iphone.facebook.com verson is pretty sweet until a stand alone app come out.
    The rumor is that there will be a feature-rich facebook app soon.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    this thread is closest to my question but I finally got around to start uploading my pictures to facebook. I was pretty disappointed that it butchered the picture as much as it did. While the downrezzing was more than I was hoping for (took my test photos to 604x451) but the bigger issue for me personally is it removed all the information about the camera, gps coordinates, etc from the picture. Now this doesnt mean a ton yet but I have to think soon facebook will start reading the geotag info and using it.

Is there a solution (thats as seamless as the photo application) but can give better quality and not remove the photo metadata?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I like to upload photos from my phone to Facebook mobile pics. On my old LG Muziq, I merely MMSed the photo with a description in the subject and the photo went to Facebook with the description.

With the Pre however, when I send a photo via the "MMS" option, the photo is delivered, but a "New Message" description shows up on Facebook instead of the text I send with the MMS.

Anyone know how to remedy this?
    I was having this same issue when I first got the Pre. Facebook has added the ability to email your pictures and comment on them in the subject line. FB will assign you a unique web address (www dot facebook dot com/mobile) and you can save it in your contacts.

I used to like being able to MMS pics to FB from my Instinct, but all I was doing was basically what I described above. The Instinct would open my email app and I would insert my "comments" in the subject line of the email before sending. I hope this helps.

P.S. I can't post the link bc I have less than 10 posts.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    There is a Facebook Mobile feature where you can email a photo to facebook. You set it up on your Facebook website and it gives you a special email address you use to email photos. You can put a subject and write in the body, and all is transferred to the posted picture. As for picture properties, I don't think so.. but that's Facebook's issue...