1.    #1  
    Not sure if this relates to the new 1.0.3 update or not, but google tasks is now functional on Pre!!

just go to gmail.com/tasks and sign in
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Damn I was hoping the tasks app was updated to work with gmail tasks....
  3.    #3  
    yeah, but at least you can add google tasks to your launcher and then use that instead of the tasks program on pre.

you do this through the 'Page' heading under settings in the web browser.
    I've never used google tasks before... is there a way to get notified of the tasks?
    pretty cool, the page comes up, but doesn't seem like any of my tasks show up in it, even though the tasks show in the calendar. This is my biggest issue right now with the pre. I loved that my treo could sync contacts, calendars, tasks and notes between outlook. I'm getting used to using Evernote for memos, and calendars and contacts sync with companionlink, but tasks don't seem to sync at all.
    How do you make an launcher icon out of a website.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    How do you make an launcher icon out of a website.
    Navigate to the web page, then select the web menu (upper left corner of screen). Tap on "page" to drop down the menu, then select "Add to Launcher"
    Is there anyway to get the tasks to show up on the Pre calendar if they have a date fixed with them like they show up on Google calendar?

Not having Datebook on the Pre is killing me right now. Having the to do's fully integrated into the calendar was something I'm dependent on after having datebook for a decade now. I especially miss capability of task/to do being able to timed to not only a day but a particular time during the day.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Also, enter doesn't work when you create a task, and you currently cannot move tasks between lists in the mobile version. Doesn't work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post
    Is there anyway to get the tasks to show up on the Pre calendar if they have a date fixed with them like they show up on Google calendar?

Not having Datebook on the Pre is killing me right now. Having the to do's fully integrated into the calendar was something I'm dependent on after having datebook for a decade now. I especially miss capability of task/to do being able to timed to not only a day but a particular time during the day.
    I haven't found a way to get this working. I would really love if the "Tasks" calendar actually showed up on the Pre calendar as one of the available Google Calendars. There are many times when I would rather use a Task than a timed event. Hopefuly this is something Palm and Google plan to fix in the future.