1.    #1  
    Long time listener, first time caller.

Like many, I have been having issues with the EAS calendar sync on my new Pre. The problem was simple, not all entries in my calendar would sync. It seemed inconsistent and variable. Occasionally items would sync, other times I would get nothing. I tried many of the suggestions posted here, including resets, deleting & recreating the accounts, etc. These would sometime give me better results, but no lasting fix.

Today, I found and fixed the issue.

It seems that there is a bug in the handling of end dates on recurring events in the Pre EAS calendar sync. All of my recurring events were setup to end at a specific date. i.e. End by: 12/28/2009

When I changed all of my recurring events to end after some number of occurrences, rather than a date, suddenly my calender sync'd perfectly! So, instead of ending on 12/28/2009, I set my monthly meetings to end after 7 occurrences.

When the calendar application hit one of these dates that it could not parse, it must have thrown an exception, and stopped processing events. This would explain the inconsistency in retrieving events from the Exchange calendar, as there is no guarantee on the order of events processed from OWA.

As a side note, there may also be a bug related to the "free/busy status". Originally, I thought this was the issue, so I set all my events back to the default "busy" status. However, once my calendar was sync'd properly, I have not been able to recreate the bug by changing the "free/busy status" to "free". I may punt on this issue, as my day job beckons....

So, there ya go. I hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

PALM Please get your act together and fix this problem!!

So - I could connect to EAS, could send and receive email, could get my address book, but I could not get the calendar to work. It would not download anything from our Exchange server.

I could add and event on the Pre and it would add it to the Exchange server and I could view it on my Outlook calendar, but if I deleted it, it never got deleted from the Pre.

So as suggested, I went back about 6 months in my calendar and opened every recurring event and set the end point to a specific number of events. ie whether it said no end date, or a specific date, I just set it to a large number, like 102.

Hit sync on my pre and there was my calendar.

Thank God!!! A palm organizer without a calendar is .....

So all I need to do now if figure out how to get the tasks form the exchange server to the Pre...

Thanks again for the tip Hamlet SB !!!
    Thanks!!!! This was really pissing me off. Your fix to the bug worked. I could not get my EAS calendar to sync but with your tip, it worked. I hope that someone has informed palm of this problem, it seems like it would be easy to fix.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by hamlet_sb View Post
    Long time listener, first time caller.

Like many, I have been having issues with the EAS calendar sync on my new Pre. The problem was simple, not all entries in my calendar would sync. It seemed inconsistent and variable. Occasionally items would sync, other times I would get nothing. I tried many of the suggestions posted here, including resets, deleting & recreating the accounts, etc. These would sometime give me better results, but no lasting fix.

Today, I found and fixed the issue.

It seems that there is a bug in the handling of end dates on recurring events in the Pre EAS calendar sync. All of my recurring events were setup to end at a specific date. i.e. End by: 12/28/2009

When I changed all of my recurring events to end after some number of occurrences, rather than a date, suddenly my calender sync'd perfectly! So, instead of ending on 12/28/2009, I set my monthly meetings to end after 7 occurrences.

When the calendar application hit one of these dates that it could not parse, it must have thrown an exception, and stopped processing events. This would explain the inconsistency in retrieving events from the Exchange calendar, as there is no guarantee on the order of events processed from OWA.

As a side note, there may also be a bug related to the "free/busy status". Originally, I thought this was the issue, so I set all my events back to the default "busy" status. However, once my calendar was sync'd properly, I have not been able to recreate the bug by changing the "free/busy status" to "free". I may punt on this issue, as my day job beckons....

So, there ya go. I hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    what about things with "no end date"
    I am having the same problem....e-mail on exchange works via EAS for months, all was working fine with calenders (Outlook and Google)....until two weeks ago. I tried what you recomended and re-synched via account preferences and made Exchange the default calendar and still none of my events are showing up from Exchange/Outlook....

Help this is killing me I am missing meetings and totally screwed up when I am on the road for work. Any suggestions out there???