Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    vabchgirls,

It sounds like you are having the same problem as I do, i.e. trying to understand what the process is that you need to do in order to do a successful sync.

1) Do you need to firstly do a sync from within the apps, i.e. in Contacts and Calendar?
    2) Do you then need to press the sync button in the Pre CL software, before and after the CL USB Sync.
    3) Do you then finally need to do another sync from within the apps, i.e. in Contacts and Calendar?

An answer to these questions would help to understand the CL sync 'Process'

PS, I sent you a PM re your first post
    ChasT, I agree it would be very helpful if there was more documentation on CL, but I havent been able to find anything so I use these forums for assistance.

I would like to also know what the "process" is to get data synchronized. I'm probably not doing it right so that's why it's not working properly.

I posted a follow-up to your PM. Thanks

Debbie
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clcto View Post
    For Contacts, Synergy combines the information into a single record. You simply see there are multiple sources to it. If you decide you don't like it, then go into Account settings on the Pre, and remove one of the accounts. This will remove the data source, and the data along with it. It will leave the data associated with all other accounts.
    it is not possible to remove the cl-usb-account in my contacts, as swiping to the right doesn't work and there is no button with "delete" or "remove" for this account in the account-settings.
    am i missing something?
    i want to get rid of this account as i want to try another syncing tool.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Conum, the method to remove the account is to delete the app. So go to the App store, and there's an option to delete. This takes out all the Accounts in Contacts and Calendar, and cleans all the app data off your phone. CL USB Sync is free, so you can add it back at any time.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    www.companionlink.com
    It's all gone quiet on this thread, so I thought I'd sign off by saying that I tried PocketMirror and it works perfectly for me
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    and I am happy just using regular ol' Google Calendar and Google Contacts on the web and ditching Palm Desktop and CL altogether. The stress with the phone has gone down significantly since I followed this path. Granted, Palm has a lot of work to do with the Calendar app (please just start over and re-write the whole thing). I am curious though how well the calendar sync works with Yahoo's calendar compared to Google's. Palm and Google don't sync very well, especially with regards to recurring events, blah blah blah.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
    I'm using PocketMirror to Outlook, not sure if that is what you need in your case. But I love it.

And I don't have to hook up a cable, it works thru the wireless network.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I'm using PocketMirror to Outlook, not sure if that is what you need in your case. But I love it.

And I don't have to hook up a cable, it works thru the wireless network
    PocketMirror is a great choice for people who don't need Tasks and Notes, and who want to hook up only through WiFi.

CompanionLink supports Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes, and can synchronize via Google, and alternately direct via the USB Cable that comes with Pre and Pixi. Also, CompanionLink offers telephone technical support without charge.

It's great when people have options, and can try out each option to see which works best for them.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    PocketMirror is a great choice for people who don't need Tasks and Notes, and who want to hook up only through WiFi.

CompanionLink supports Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes, and can synchronize via Google, and alternately direct via the USB Cable that comes with Pre and Pixi. Also, CompanionLink offers telephone technical support without charge.

It's great when people have options, and can try out each option to see which works best for them.
    PocketMirror does notes now and tasks are coming.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaratz View Post
    PocketMirror does notes now and tasks are coming.
    I've seen the announcement for Notes, but it's only Outlook, only for limited quantities of notes. For people using Palm Desktop, or have large quantities of notes CompanionLink tools are the best way to synchronize them to the PC easily.

We've all heard the announcement that "tasks are coming" for many many months now. CompanionLink has always done tasks. They did tasks when Pre was released and before any other sync product was available. They do tasks now. Why should people wait for vaporware?
    Why should people wait for vaporware?
    Oops, version 2 is out today and it does Tasks

Game, Set and Match to PocketMirror then
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Oops, version 2 is out today and it does Tasks

Game, Set and Match to PocketMirror then
    The best part it does Outlook's tasks and Outlook's regenerated tasks, the only software that does Outlook's regenerated tasks, as far as I know. I have been waiting for this. Thanks Chapura..!!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345