Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I hooked up the email reader to my personal domain, hosted by bluehost.com, and it works well.

When I toss an email off to the right (deleting it), or use the trash can, it doesn't delete it on the server. I don't think I saw anything in prefs about whether delete is for the Pre, the server, or both.

Anyone else experience this?
    Under the settings for the account in question scroll to the bottom and check the Default Folders.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    It says "Not yet available".

What should it say?
    I'm having exactly the same issue...I'd love to hear a solution.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    For the default folders? It should look like this:

Rackspace E-Mail
    Code:
    INBOX.Sent         SENT
    INBOX.Drafts        DRAFTS
    INBOX.Trash         TRASH
    GMAIL/Google Apps Premier
    Code:
    [GMAIL]/Sent Mail      SENT
    [GMAIL]/Drafts          DRAFTS
    [GMAIL]/Trash           TRASH
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I'm having exactly the same issue...I'd love to hear a solution.
    I may contact bluehost to see if they're getting IMAP command errors from me. If not, its either an app bug or something not implemented yet.
    It sounds like the Pre isn't able to pull down the IMAP folder list? It's certainly worth contacting your host just in case it is something on their end.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Thx tkam
    My issue is with my work mail service (FirstClass). Don't know if there's a fix; however, I know that I was able to delete items on the server from my WinMo device, so I would think it's possible....
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Anybody figure this out yet? I see "Not available yet" in default folders for my IMAP account. When I delete an email it doesn't go into trash, it's just gone and it drives me nuts. From reading the User's Guide, it implies, the Trash folder needs to be there for moving deleted items to trash to work. If I expand the folders for the account, INBOX.Trash is there. It is not listed in default folders.
    Last edited by SirIra; 07/25/2009 at 06:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirIra View Post
    Anybody figure this out yet? I see "Not available yet" in default folders for my IMAP account. When I delete an email it doesn't go into trash, it's just gone and it drives me nuts. From reading the User's Guide, it implies, the Trash folder needs to be there for moving deleted items to trash to work. If I expand the folders for the account, INBOX.Trash is there. It is not listed in default folders.
    Same issue here with Rackspace email.. anyone find a fix yet?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Any of you gotten Rackspace Email to behave yet?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    This is still an issue with 1.2
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    This worked for me in 1.1 and below, but 1.2 im now having this issue. I am my own host too and its working fine for everything else. Granted this is the only Pre that associates with the server.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbianchi View Post
    This worked for me in 1.1 and below, but 1.2 im now having this issue. I am my own host too and its working fine for everything else. Granted this is the only Pre that associates with the server.
    This issue has been submitted to Palm and they have logged it into their ticket tracking system.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I'm having the exact same problem with my personal domain email too. They won't delete when I switched to IMAP from POP.

I spend all day deleting email from the Pre and have to re-delete it when I get home. LOL

Thanks for the update about Palm logging the issue.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    guys, search for this issue. It's how IMAP is designed to work with remote account access as a default and was explained previously.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    guys, search for this issue. It's how IMAP is designed to work with remote account access as a default and was explained previously.
    I did a search of the forum (that's how I found this post instead of creating a new one). You're the only person who has claimed that's the way it's supposed to work. In a way, you're right. IMAP marks emails as read and for deletion on the server. However, you're wrong in the fact that they aren't supposed to be purged from the server via mobile device. It would make no sense to force people to download email a second time via email client (or on a webpage) to delete it a second time. That removes the advantages of IMAP to begin with if we have to touch every email twice.

There should be another command to purge the email after it's marked for deletion. It seems that command isn't being sent from the Pre to the server. The ISP for my private domain confirmed that the server is waiting for the command to purge emails marked for deletion. If that command was sent, the emails marked for deletion would go away.

Possible workaround - I'm going to try this when I get home. It seems that Outlook clients may have the functionality to purge emails marked for deletion on IMAP accounts wthout downloading first. I'm going to reconfigure my Outlook so the accounts are set up with IMAP protocol. Then I'll attempt to send the purge command.

If successful, it should tell the server to purge the deleted emails and prevent them from downloading to my client. It shouldn't be the final solution, but it'll do for now until Palm fixes this.
    Yes, Outlook has a menu option to purge deleted messages. In Outlook and Outlook Express, it is under 'Edit'->'Purge Deleted Messages'.

I added it as a button on the toolbar, so I just have to hit a button. Not because of the way the Pre handles deleting messages, but the way IMAP handles deleted messages. When email messages are deleted, they are not removed from the server until they are purged. This is also the case for moving messages to different folders. The moved message will still display in the Inbox (or old folder) until that folder is purged.

I believe there is an option on most email clients to purge messages when exiting the program. I don't have this set, because I like the capability of undeleting messages.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ION-q View Post
    It says "Not yet available".

What should it say?

I had this problem too. Look at the accepted solution here: http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...cending&page=2

You basically have to replace some javascript on the mail app temporarily so that it doesn't false-error on you. After that, you'll have the ability to define your default folders, and can remove the javascript hack.

My current problem is a lot like the OP's, though. When I delete messages on the pre, they are still in the INBOX to my other clients, but are flagged as deleted. What's going on here? Is it Courier's fault, or is the pre simply flagging things instead of moving them to the trash folder? Guess I'll have to connect without SSL and sniff eventually. *sigh*.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast