Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    The nice thing about Google is that you can sync with a desktop contact manager and make regular backups. But if you are concerned about privacy that is a different issue.
    Tell me more.

I don't really want to give all my contact info to Google, but as I can't seem to get the Pre to sync, and I REALLY don't want to lose my contact info, maybe that's what I should do.
    This Palm/Mac calendar/contacts sync problem is the single infuriating issue keeping me from ordering a Pre today.

I still use a 700p, and it used to sync with my Mac OS iCal & Contacts perfectly... until Apple started selling its own cell phone and quickly disabled the Palm sync feature in the next version of the MacOS. So then I optimistically bought Missing Sync, and it never worked at all for me despite hours of frustrating trouble-shooting.

What could possibly be so hard that entire years go by and no one can seem to design a simple fix for this? I would have thought Palm themselves, for example, could have dedicated a team to fixing this MacOS sync problem long before the WebOS debut.

Someone should ask that at the next Palm shareholders meeting.

And no, I don't want Google "up in my business." I just want to do something very simple: Sync calendar & contacts data between a Pre and iCal/Contacts. PALM -- ARE YOU LISTENING?

If not, I'll probably buy an iPhone instead.
    I have been using Missing Sync for Palm Pre since I bought my Pre in July, to sync iCal and Address Book on my iMac with my Pre. After some extremely frustrating early problems, it now works flawlessly.

As far as the Mark/Space support services are concerned, I have opened tickets when necessary. They are not especially quick to get back to me, but they do respond via email within a few days.

They don't bullsh-t me at all. They either admit there is a bug (and they later email me to let me know when the bug is fixed) or they figure out the problem and tell me how to fix it.

I am satisfied. Missing Sync isn't as easy as syncing my various palm pilots was, but it's not bad at all.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobaround View Post
    This Palm/Mac calendar/contacts sync problem is the single infuriating issue keeping me from ordering a Pre today.

I still use a 700p, and it used to sync with my Mac OS iCal & Contacts perfectly... until Apple started selling its own cell phone and quickly disabled the Palm sync feature in the next version of the MacOS. So then I optimistically bought Missing Sync, and it never worked at all for me despite hours of frustrating trouble-shooting.

What could possibly be so hard that entire years go by and no one can seem to design a simple fix for this? I would have thought Palm themselves, for example, could have dedicated a team to fixing this MacOS sync problem long before the WebOS debut.

Someone should ask that at the next Palm shareholders meeting.

And no, I don't want Google "up in my business." I just want to do something very simple: Sync calendar & contacts data between a Pre and iCal/Contacts. PALM -- ARE YOU LISTENING?

If not, I'll probably buy an iPhone instead.
    Yeah, it's a MAJOR HASSEL! I wonder if the fact that the head of Palm formally worked at Apple is part of the reason their's contention between the two companies...

I don't want google up in my business either, but am considering only syncing contacts that don't have private info and using Spanning Sync. Also they have a utility that is supposed to help with syncing issues in general...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12