Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I searched and could not find anything - if someone knows of another thread, please post and I'll revert to that. If not....

I, like many users, use my new Pre for business on an EAS server. So far the phone has synced well (at least with the inbox/calendar/contacts). No issues grabbing inbox mail or subfolder names.

My PROBLEM, as with most users I'd imagine, is that I have about 15 folders created in my "Personal Folders" list. Within those are probably around 500 additional folders broken down by customer/projects/parts/etc.

Does anyone know of a way to collapse individual folders (similar to the ability in outlook) so that I just see the "MAIN PERSONAL FOLDERS" listed under my email account?

For now I'm pretty much stuck with simply using the stared/favorite inbox method but would love it if there's a way to navigate through the folder hierarchy.

Thank you very much for any advice! The Palm User Guide doesn't seem to address this either.
    I was wondering about this as well. Scrolling over my expanded folder hierarchy every time seems a bit little silly. I called Palm about it and was told there is no way to collapse the folder tree "yet."
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback. I figure most questions to Palm will be replied to with a "not yet". After more and more use there are plenty of little things I wish it had...most will likely be implemented in the near future as people design apps.

...wish I still had the interest to write them myself...maybe necessity will force my hand :-) This is a little out of my scope, but flashing the LEDs when a msg is waiting may not be!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traida View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I figure most questions to Palm will be replied to with a "not yet". After more and more use there are plenty of little things I wish it had...most will likely be implemented in the near future as people design apps.

...wish I still had the interest to write them myself...maybe necessity will force my hand :-) This is a little out of my scope, but flashing the LEDs when a msg is waiting may not be!
    How did you create the folders? I would really like to create a couple of folders within Pre's email, but can't figure out how to do that.

I am not using gmail, just two ordinary POP3 accounts.

(Ideally, I'd like to set the "how long to keep this" parameters differently by folder, not just by e-mail account, but I doubt this can be done yet.)
    He is talking about folders within his Exchange account via EAS. These would have been created via Outlook (likely).
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Correct Ryley, folders created in outlook.

I'm not sure that you CAN create folders on the Pre (something ELSE) that would certainly be nice.

For now I'll settle for the ability not to see all my EAS folders though; it really lags the phone...takes 20 sec sometimes to open an email; not very conducive to efficiency.
    Thanks for asking the question. Right now when an email comes in and I want to file it on the Pre I have to scroll down over one hundred folders and subfolders. On my Treo 755P w/ Goodlink, the main folders had the subfolders collapsed under them making it very manageable and easy to file emails.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have noticed that the email client on the pre is PAINFULLY slow. I attribute that to it still analyzing all of my e-mail folders even though I do NOT expand that particular mail client (for example, I have my exchange server "starred" as a fav and just click THAT link rather than expand my entire EAS).

As a business email user it's becoming tedious. Couple that with some VERY short battery life and the phone is becoming less and less useful. Hoping for some amendments soon :-(