Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Hi
    I tried searching for this and I couldnt find exactly what I was looking for, so sorry if this is a repost.
    Is there a way to only have Synergy sync a specific group in google such as My Contacts only? I dont want to sync every email address that I have ever sent to. I surf craigslist a lot so I have a ton of random email addresses in my contacts.
    I would also like the same thing on facebook. I have a group called Close Friends that I want to sync their info and not everyone else.

Thanks
    Sami
    You can't right now, not possible.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Can't be done at the moment. I don't even bother with the contacts app, it's just too full of junk. Just start typing a name, it'll show up (unless it's been recently added on facebook, but that's a different issue).

If you want to have a quick way to call somebody, set their name dial when holding down a letter (like the older palm phones), it's done through the menu in their contact: set speed dial.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    That's too bad. Years of palm use has made me a neat freak. Now to have tons of unorganized contacts and just search through them is a big mentality change.
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    That's too bad. Years of palm use has made me a neat freak. Now to have tons of unorganized contacts and just search through them is a big mentality change.
    It's a paradigm shift. You don't search through them. Don't even go to the Contacts app. Just start typing the name of the person you want to find.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Well, I don't thing there is a workaround for the Facebook part.

But, I wrote up a work around for the Google Contacts problem that limits syncing to the "My Contacts" group. I posted it in the Pre forum on launch day.

Here's a link to the same info on my blog: Palm Pre Clean Google Contacts Workaround

Should only take you a few minutes to implement.