I started to, but it kind of sucked: endless stream of people talking, and no Sprint response in 3 pages. Too much to follow right now. Will be interesting to see Sprint's responses after the fact, though.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  2.    #3  
    well they have not answered one important question so far
    Me too - I got in on Pg 1, but it is really hard to follow the very few answers. Many are posting the problems that have been posted here. Answers seem to be mostly PRPRPR.
    Facebook is great for a lot of things, but NOT a discussion like this!
    Just tried to check it out, it was like a free for all in there, I'll just sit back to now.

BTW How ironic their Pre discussion is on facebook when there isn't even a facebook app out yet? Yes, I know the browser version works very well, but I don't like swiping back and forth, and zooming in and out every 5 seconds to get to something.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    Just tried to check it out, it was like a free for all in there, I'll just sit back to now.

BTW How ironic their Pre discussion is on facebook when there isn't even a facebook app out yet? Yes, I know the browser version works very well, but I don't like swiping back and forth, and zooming in and out every 5 seconds to get to something.
    Yeah, full website is a little slow too.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Wow! - That was pretty lame. Sprint and Palm may have a big problem if they couldn't figure out that Facebook Discussions were not the right place to have this forum.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I love the precentral.net name dropping in the discussion! Good job guys!
    what a stupid idea for a discussion where they can't give you any real answers! my favorite response so far:

From Palm:
    Answers to most of your questions have been answered in general responses to the discussion board. We can't disclose specifics about future enhancements, however. But our platform does allow us to deliver updates frequently, so we're glad to get the input and feedback. As for location-based applications, we can't disclose the plans of third-party application developers, but we're excited by what we're seeing from them.
    Some notes from the sprint responses.
    They are strongly considering visual voicemail. They stated that it was huge on the instinct and want to replicate the experience.
    Right now they do not support phone as modem but are considering.
    IT WILL NOT RUN ON 4G!
    I've been getting few things out of it, but man that Arturo-Baca-Arus guy was really getting on my nerves.

Obviously not the best forum for a discussion. They need a moderator, and they need a way to filter out the mess.

Matt Penn
    nice plug for precentral.net..

FROM SPRINT:
    Good call, Sean. That is a great forum to connect with other pre users -- www.precentral.net.

You can also connect with users on our Sprint community site Home - Cell Phone Ratings & Reviews | Buzz About Wireless - Sprint Nextel...

and you can touch base with Sprint here and on Twitter (sprint (sprint) on Twitter).

Thanks,
    Justin from Sprint
    JGoldsborough (JGoldsborough) on Twitter
    Yeah I got out.

Ended up being a waste of time.

On another note, Palm Pre is up on the homepage of espn today.

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports