Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So when looking at my settings, I have found out that my palm pre profile is not verified on my phone, but when you look at it on the palm.com/preprofile site it is. So I was wondering who's pre is verified or not verified on their phone.

To check go to Backup, preferences, Palm Profile, sign in and then it will say either verified or this profile has not been verified.

I find it weird on the site it says I am verified but my phone says different.
    How do you check if it is verified on the phone? I know when I set it up I got an email link to click to verify it.

Edit: Oh wait, you posted how to check, nevermind
    I finally verified my Palm Profile last night, but it still shows on my Pre that I havent.
    Hrmm, my profile on my phone says not verified as well, strange. When I click the button on the phone to resend verification email it doesnt seem to do anything.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Same here, not verified
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    not verified here either. Although I verified it the day I bought the phone, and when I go to the Palm website, it's confirmed.
    My phone says not verified, my profile says otherwise.......
    My first Pre never figured out that I was verified. But I swapped phones due to a screen flaw, and the new phone doesn't have the unverified status. I restored the new phone from my Palm backup, so maybe that fixed it?
    Online my account is verified, my handset is a different story. I am not to worried about it, I can log into the Palm site and thats really all that matters I suppose.
  10.    #10  
    Its strange. I just wonder if it has any effect on the phone at all. Probably just another bug found.

@gabbott my resend verification email doesn't do anything either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    not verified here either. Although I verified it the day I bought the phone, and when I go to the Palm website, it's confirmed.
    Same
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Same for me
    This was posted by MariMar in another thread. It worked perfectly for me and many other people.

Here is the thread:http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-working.html

I was getting that message because my Palm Profile was showing up as unverified on the phone, even though I clicked through my verification e-mail when it was set up.

Here is how to check the status of your Palm Profile:

1. From the Launcher, go into “Backup”
    2. Tap into Preferences in the top left hand corner
    3. Tap into Palm Profile, enter Palm Profile Password, tap Done

If your Palm Profile is unverified it will say so here.

There is an option to resend the verification e-mail from the phone, but in my experience this does not work. I went back to the original e-mail I received the night I got my phone. I clicked through it again and to make sure that my Palm Profile showed “Profile Status: E-mail Verified"

After that, I did a manual back up before resetting my phone:

1. From the Launcher, go into “Backup”; tap "Back up now". Wait for it to complete.

2. From the Launcher, go into “Device Info”, scroll down and tap “Reset Options”

3. Tap “Partial Erase” - according to the description, this erases applications installed. I did not find this to be the case as all my applications were still intact afterwards, but any personal settings – such as changing wall papers or rearranged icons were set back to the default. Web Bookmarks that I added were deleted.

4. Phone will reboot, ask you to set up language, etc. Then it will ask about your Palm Profile. Choose to log in to your existing Palm Profile, and enter the e-mail address and password you verified earlier. This will restore your data.

After restoring the data, it will reboot one more time. After that if you check into the Palm Profile again on the phone, the unverified message is gone and now the Updates function works as it should.
    Just checked on my phone, and apparently I'm not verified either. I verified my account on launch day. Online it says I'm verified, so that's the most important part.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerpa View Post
    This was posted by MariMar in another thread. It worked perfectly for me and many other people.

I was getting that message because my Palm Profile was showing up as unverified on the phone, even though I clicked through my verification e-mail when it was set up.

There is an option to resend the verification e-mail from the phone, but in my experience this does not work. I went back to the original e-mail I received the night I got my phone. I clicked through it again and to make sure that my Palm Profile showed “Profile Status: E-mail Verified"

1. From the Launcher, go into “Backup”; tap "Back up now". Wait for it to complete.

2. From the Launcher, go into “Device Info”, scroll down and tap “Reset Options”

3. Tap “Partial Erase” - according to the description, this erases applications installed. I did not find this to be the case as all my applications were still intact afterwards, but any personal settings – such as changing wall papers or rearranged icons were set back to the default. Web Bookmarks that I added were deleted.

4. Phone will reboot, ask you to set up language, etc. Then it will ask about your Palm Profile. Choose to log in to your existing Palm Profile, and enter the e-mail address and password you verified earlier. This will restore your data.

After restoring the data, it will reboot one more time. After that if you check into the Palm Profile again on the phone, the unverified message is gone and now the Updates function works as it should.

Gonna try this when I get home. You didn't loose any Mp3s or videos or anything did you?
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Do we know if any of this even matters? My phone says unverified by online is verified. My backups are supposedly happening every night fine. What is the downside of having the phone think it's unverified? I don't want to go through all this crap of restoring/wiping for no reason except to clear that message I never see.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerpa View Post

wow, that seems like a lot of work, and for something I'm not sure what's really the purpose. Nor do I think this should be a viable solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Just checked on my phone, and apparently I'm not verified either. I verified my account on launch day. Online it says I'm verified, so that's the most important part.
    Verified online and phone is not been verified. Weird, but whatever. Maybe this is why some phones get bricked when trying a remote erase?

But on the backup screen on the phone it says:

Last backup 6/16/09 at 8:07 PM

Just curious what does it backup other than contacts?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Resetting the phone per the above instructions was a cure to the original problem of the Updates app not working (see original post).

When we would click Updates, we would get an error message saying it was unable to connect and to try again later. Resetting the phone cured that problem.

If you are not having a problem with the Updates App, then resetting is probably not neccessary.
    The instructions by MariMar also verified my Palm Profile for me. I did not lose anything on my end. YMMV. I followed the instructions exactly as shown and my Palm now shows as verified.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast