Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am currently on the phone with Palm level 2 support regarding a previously unknown issue with how the Pre handles emails that are threaded with multiple recipients. When i answered emails from my Windows OS phone, emails that were long with multiple recipients and that also contained multiple replies, Windows would either leave the formatting or compress the rest into an attachment file that when double clicked would open up the rest of the email chain. The Pre does not do this properly and rather shows my reply to all but the rest of the email responses below are all compressed into single lines without any formatting and the senders names, recipients names, email signatures, etc are all compressed and basically unreadable from within the Outlook client.

Hope they can figure this out and fix it fast as this is a deal breaker for me. I just got the phone yesterday.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    This issue has now been escalated to Level 3 and I am awaiting a call back from them. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Seems like the Level 3 guys are stumped, they think it may be my phone itself.
    Keep us posted. I would like to pick up a Pre but stories like this keep holding me back.

I consider myself a power user and need constant access to the corporate exchange server. Little things like this would kill me as part of the idea of having a mobile device is not having people know you are mobile.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Keep us posted. I would like to pick up a Pre but stories like this keep holding me back.

I consider myself a power user and need constant access to the corporate exchange server. Little things like this would kill me as part of the idea of having a mobile device is not having people know you are mobile.
    If I were you then I would honestly wait until the dust settles. Right now it seems like Palm does not have the EAS nuances figured out yet. I am confident they eventually will but I don't know how long that will take them.

I have temporary "fixes" in place on my Pre to tide me over until they do. I am on pins and needles to see what happens within the 30 day period. It pains me to say it but I still might be venturing back to my 800w if something doesn't happen. From the sounds of your needs, right now it seems like you would be unhappy with the Pre.
    This has happened to multiple people (me included), there is another thread on this subject as well though I can't find it yet.
    Yes, this is very frustrating as I discovered today. Forwarded, replies are all smushed together without spacing and very difficult to read.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    yes needs to be fixed.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    It seems to be fixed today, though I am not 100% sure yet. I am testing still. I am on hold with support again. Today, i did not receive any emails to my exchange account but after a reboot of the phone, the emails magically appeared. If I wasn't checking with my other phone, i would not have known that i even received emails. I hope they fix this crap soon.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Still not fixed. I tried it again and they are still receiving it with all the threaded emails compressed. This really sucks!!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Palm support keeps telling me that they take these issues very seriously. I told them that this is a deal breaker for me and many others. If we can't get our emails without issue, then i will return this thing. It's definitely a Pre issue as I can get emails and send without issue on my Treo. Maybe i need to get a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    The new update did not fix this issue. I am very frustrated. Palm support basically told me that they are not sure that they can have this fixed in time for my 30 trial period with Sprint. I am just surprised that no one else has had this issue. If you are having this issue, please contact Palm and let them know so that they can work on this issue with urgency. I cannot see how anyone working in a corp. environment can function without the ability to reply legibly to threaded email chains.