Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    This is great news
    I still have inconsistent and weird syncing problems with google calendar and contacts. Do you guys?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Hmmm seems that the Birthday and Website fields aren't sync'n over to the Pre.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Hmmm seems that the Birthday and Website fields aren't sync'n over to the Pre.
    Yes, many contacts have birthdays in GMail contacts, but not on Pre. Unfortunate.
    Since this is new maybe the pre will need an update
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I finally took the plunge and started Syncing with Google.. and like you guys said... BD haven't moved over...which I guess will need to be updated...but...

I made some adjustments to some contacts on the computer... and I have clicked SYNC from the phone about 5 times and its been about 1 hr and no changes have made it over to the Pre... is this commen?... workaround?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I finally took the plunge and started Syncing with Google.. and like you guys said... BD haven't moved over...which I guess will need to be updated...but...

I made some adjustments to some contacts on the computer... and I have clicked SYNC from the phone about 5 times and its been about 1 hr and no changes have made it over to the Pre... is this commen?... workaround?
    I've had that problem with syncing edited contacts. It can be hit or miss sometimes. Try turning off your phone and pulling the battery and see if that helps. That did it for me one time when they werent syncing correctly.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Cool... Im gonna try right now...
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Well that didn't work, but I deleted the account, re-added it... everything is there now... but I created a temp contact on the Pre, synced manually and then it showed up in Google right away...

Then I deleted the contact on Google, synced manually and it worked also right away... now I am gonna edit an existing contact on Google again (like my original problem) and I will sync manually and let you guys know what happens....
    Last edited by mrkalel; 06/17/2009 at 01:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Well so far I see editing an existing Contact from the Pre first, it syncs to Google properly... but an existing contact from Google to Pre doesn't seem to be updating...
    Bug? Google contacts not syncing contact updates - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Forums

I've posted my google sync issues over at the official palm forums
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    IIRC, this is a Goolge deal - for some reason, edits of data on Google can sometimes take as long as 24 hours to percolate down. I don't know the reason why.

rotello
    Quote Originally Posted by rotello View Post
    IIRC, this is a Goolge deal - for some reason, edits of data on Google can sometimes take as long as 24 hours to percolate down. I don't know the reason why.

rotello

If it is, it is an issue specifically to the pre. I've used google sync for my contacts on my blackberry and they always updated quite quickly in both directions.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Many hours later and the birthday/website fields have not updated on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Still not updated from Google to Pre...

But I did have another ques... Which I'm sure has been answered somewhere before...but here goes...

Now that I have started using Google... and it is my Default account on the Pre (under the Preferences and Accounts menu)...

Does all the info (Calendar and Contacts) get backup'd to the Palm Profile?... meaning that if I changed Pre's and punched in my Palm Profile's info, will all the PIM info move into the phone?...

or do I then have to link back the Google account to the new Pre again?

But I did have another ques... Which I'm sure has been answered somewhere before...but here goes...

Now that I have started using Google... and it is my Default account on the Pre (under the Preferences and Accounts menu)...

Does all the info (Calendar and Contacts) get backup'd to the Palm Profile?... meaning that if I changed Pre's and punched in my Palm Profile's info, will all the PIM info move into the phone?...

I'm pretty sure stuff that is synced to the google account does not get backed up to the palm profile
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    For some reason I was under the impression that originally the Palm profile was suppose to work like that?... oh well....

Yeah, I was wondering that too - like if my calendar items are being synced with Google, are they ALSO being sent to the Palm servers for backup? I hope so, cuz my google calendar stuff is NOT right. It's OK, but NOT right.
    Won't palm profile remember your google logins etc, so upon logging into your palm profile on a new phone, all accounts are restored, even if the info wasn't backed up on palms profile servers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast