Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I actually have tried removing the account and adding it back on after adding the EV cert, but unfortunately that didn't work. Also, looks like I jumped the gun, as at least my personal unit stopped receiving emails after I went to bed last night. I'm going to leave it alone this morning and see what time, if at all, it starts pulling data from the server again.

I suspect, after a week of playing with settings, that this is a 50/50 deal. Part of the problem no doubt is the way Exchange 2003 works, the other half is Palm software scripting. Since I know Microsoft isn't going to fix 6 year old software, we have to hope Palm comes up with a solution. From reading the boards, at least I know we're not the only ones having the problem.

Regarding the root cert, you are absolutely right, I should have tried that first. I actually had, but it was before I ordered a new cert from GoDaddy. Right after adding the new cert, things seemed to be working correctly, so I spaced out on trying to manually add the cert to each phone unit. Doh!
    finally got my exchange working.. dear god!
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    ...Only to find out that the Pre has significant bugs in the software when using Exchange accounts. Pretty much unusable if you actually need to send messages (at least for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    ...Only to find out that the Pre has significant bugs in the software when using Exchange accounts. Pretty much unusable if you actually need to send messages (at least for me).
    What significant bugs are you having sending email.

I disagree with your blanket statement that it's "preety much unusable if you actually need to send messages". It's nice that you put the "at least for me" there, but that tells us nothing without knowing what problems you're having.

FWIW, I noticed last night that I have gotten where I seldom even open Outlook on my computer at home any more (I use GroupWise at work) for work email, and it's a govt facility, so I don't have off-site access). Most of my email transactions are now done on the Pre.
    I'm just throwin' this out there: If you need to experiment extensively with different scenarios, I would do both of the things below (or at least one).

1) Set up a new account to experiment with and use that on your pre.
    2) Connect to your account(s) with Outlook, make sure they are cached locally, then take Outlook on that computer offline until things look clear. It wouldn't hurt to make a regular pst just to restore back from if need be.

I have had issues like this in the past and ended up with wiped out appointments / duplicate appointments emails etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post

Well, it's unfortunate you're not satisfied. However, after a weeklong battle to get EAS working, I have EAS, Google, Yahoo and my personal domain's email syncing perfectly. I use the unified inbox and handle things as they arrive. EAS and Google calendar are seamlessly integrated and Facebook, EAS and Google contacts are synced up as well.

Synergy is pretty awesome for me (except the weak sync support for Facebook). I imagine support for Facebook and LinkedIn will improve over time, but right now my system is MUCH MORE than usable.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Well, it's unfortunate you're not satisfied. However, after a weeklong battle to get EAS working, I have EAS, Google, Yahoo and my personal domain's email syncing perfectly. I use the unified inbox and handle things as they arrive. EAS and Google calendar are seamlessly integrated and Facebook, EAS and Google contacts are synced up as well.

Synergy is pretty awesome for me (except the weak sync support for Facebook). I imagine support for Facebook and LinkedIn will improve over time, but right now my system is MUCH MORE than usable.
    And I think your case is a good example. Some bumps early on, partially Palm's fault, and partially because of a system implementation that had issues. But, they all got worked out, and it's better than before.
  8.    #28  
    Any word on the people here having problems?

I am not sure if the new fix helped me because one way for me to "fix" my problem is to move my mailbox from some exchange server to another. I did this right before the update came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And I think your case is a good example. Some bumps early on, partially Palm's fault, and partially because of a system implementation that had issues.
    I think that's *exactly* right. While I feel bad for anyone that "just wants it to work" and is unhappy with their Pre for any reason, by the Pre coming out with only SSL connections supported for Exchange (which is the best practice anyway - why would you want the password to your Active Directory account as well as sensitive corporate data traversing the net in clear text?) I think it exposed a lot of preexisting, poorly implemented Exchange setups.

SSL certificates are a major pain to troubleshoot and its easy to make mistakes when setting them up at least on the server side but once you get over the learning curve, they're your bulletproof armor.
    Last edited by odditory; 06/19/2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
    I can confirm Exchange (EAS) SSL and non-SSL including access to the GAL now work with the new WebOS 1.0.3 update! Took less than a minute to setup and sync 7 days back. Thank you Palm!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
  11.    #31  
    Well I thought I was working... until my device stopped sending me emails after 5:53pm today. Still same problem.
    DjPiLL, I am experiencing the same symptons as you are. This is extremely frustrating. I was hoping the 1.03 update would resolve this.

I've deleted and recreated my Exchange account about 10 times. The first two times, I got no email at all. The third time it worked!!....for about 2 days. Then, no more email came in. I deleted the account, recreated it, then the email would synch up to the point I created the account, but I would get NO more email after that. Every single time I deleted and recreated the account before the update, I'd get mail up to the point where I created the account -- but no more email afterward.

After installing yesterday's update, my Exchange email was still not synching. So...AGAIN, I deleted my Exchange account, then recreated it. I have mail through Friday at noon -- but nothing after that!

We're running Exchange 2003 SP2 with a backend and frontend server, forms-based authentication; SSL cert is Thawte.

The strange thing is that one of my co-workers also has a Pre, and his email is working just fine.

I'm at my wits end here. I called Palm support, but they were absolutely no help at all.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    What did you do to get it working? I am still getting the time date error after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    What did you do to get it working? I am still getting the time date error after the update.
    Did you install your mail servers root cert manually?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Our "IT guy" emailed me three certs, two .cer and one .p7b. I just opened them in the email application, said to trust and they were added to the certificate manager. Except the .p7b file which the Pre was unable to open. Should I be doing something else?
    Our "IT guy" emailed me three certs, two .cer and one .p7b. I just opened them in the email application, said to trust and they were added to the certificate manager. Except the .p7b file which the Pre was unable to open. Should I be doing something else?
    Post the cert here as an attachment or PM me (there's no confidential info in the cert; check with your IT guy to make sure it's OK). I'll look at it and may be able see what the problem is.
    `are they self-signed certs?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    It won't let me upload it.
    It is a self signed root cert.
    Try this tool to convert teh .p7b:
    https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html

Let us know if it works
    It won't let me upload it.
    It is a self signed root cert.
    What do you mean it won't let you upload it? Send it via PM then.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast