1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having problems with photos in Google contacts??? I've aded them on the phone and they seem to work, UNTIL I get a call from that contact. Then the picture is distorted and fuzzy.

If I change the contact pic on Google (which seems to rarely work), it still shows up distorted/blurred in a phone call. I've tried the older version of google and the newer one.

Any help? Ideas?

P.S. Assigning the image from the pic (meaning select picture, assign to contact) seems to fix it EXCEPT for the BIG GREEN LINE on the right side of the pic then??? LOL...
    The pictures are magnified or zoomed in without modification. Not like pinch & zoom where it polishes it off. Make a larger higher resolution.
    Wow. Try adding someone to google talk. What a nighmare.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    P.S. Assigning the image from the pic (meaning select picture, assign to contact) seems to fix it EXCEPT for the BIG GREEN LINE on the right side of the pic then??? LOL...
    okay, so at least I'm not the only one who noticed that ugly green line. I haven't heard anyone else complain about that yet.

honestly, I don't even understand how the phone decides what picture to use. For one of my contacts, they have a google contact image, and a facebook image. the phone uses the facebook image as the caller ID, but the google contact image for SMS.. (the google contact account is set as the primary account) so actually, I don't know if the caller ID picture is blurry..lol..
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    I found that I couldn't assign photos on the phone because they were resized down to something icon-like (32x32) so they fall apart if you get a call or view them on Google contacts.

I just assign photos via Google contacts now. Depending on the quality of the starting image, they appear decently on the phone.

Works for me, until they fix the bug. Most of the time, I usually have the picture on the computer anyway. Although it's pretty smooth to do it via MMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    honestly, I don't even understand how the phone decides what picture to use. For one of my contacts, they have a google contact image, and a facebook image. the phone uses the facebook image as the caller ID, but the google contact image for SMS.. (the google contact account is set as the primary account) so actually, I don't know if the caller ID picture is blurry..lol..
    If they're linked accounts, it's going to use the photo of the account with the attached address. If Google contacts has his cell phone #, then the Google picture should appear... unless, maybe you have his number in both contacts? (I don't have FB, so I don't know how their contacts work) But this is how it works for my linked contacts (across multiple gmail accounts).
  7.    #7  
    I'll try dumping higher-res images and see if that helps. Anyone else with the green line?
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    unless you assign contacts thu the photo app, they will look like crap
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    unless you assign contacts thu the photo app, they will look like crap
    Not true. After finding out that pictures added via the phone to your contacts don't get uploaded to Google contacts, and thus aren't backed up, I began uploading high res (well, at least 800x600) into each Google contact.

The pictures appear just fine on the Pre, without any green lines or other aberrations.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I added contact pics via the Pre. They come up all blurry on gmail's contacts.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Not true. After finding out that pictures added via the phone to your contacts don't get uploaded to Google contacts, and thus aren't backed up, I began uploading high res (well, at least 800x600) into each Google contact.

The pictures appear just fine on the Pre, without any green lines or other aberrations.
    Ill have to try this
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    okay, so at least I'm not the only one who noticed that ugly green line. I haven't heard anyone else complain about that yet.

I have this exact problem with my wife. The only information her Facebook profile has is her birthday, yet it seems to be the primary image for calls, even though it is not the primary profile. If I unlink the facebook profile, I get her regular image, but then re-linking the profile brings back the Facebook image. Really annoying.

And the green line is ticking me off as well.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post

I have tried, and tried, and tried to add images through Google Contacts. Did I mention tried??? Half the time they don't show up. OR, they show up in classic mode and not standard. Am I doing something wrong?
  14.    #14  
    OK stupid question.....

How many of you are having issues with contacts pictures on Google Contacts are running Windows 7?

MAJOR issues and I'm running 7. Not sure why that would make a difference, webpages being equal...but I'm just curious.
    I've added a lot of pics in Google Contacts on WinXP and they are showing up fine on Pre Contacts and when I place a call.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I recently exchanged my pre and realized after everything had synced up that any contact pictures I had added from my pre were now all distorted and fuzzy. Its a little annoying that in order to get the same quality back I have to go through and re do each contact each time I restore my phone(which will probably be rare). The way it went was: photos to my contacts on the pre---> pre syncs with Google contacts---->new phone---> Google contacts syncs with pre to restore ----> low res contact pictures. If anyone has any ideas to remedy this it would be nice. I would like to be able to take a pic from my phone and add it to a new contact without having to go to my computer and upload from there
    Weird. Although nearly all of my Contacts pics were entered on my PC, I did snap a pic of someone the other day, associate it with an existing contact on my Pre, and have since synced with my Google Contacts. The pic appears to still be the same res on my PC and my Pre after syncing.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Weird. Although nearly all of my Contacts pics were entered on my PC, I did snap a pic of someone the other day, associate it with an existing contact on my Pre, and have since synced with my Google Contacts. The pic appears to still be the same res on my PC and my Pre after syncing.
    well the problem isnt necessarily syncing with google. Its when I exchanged my pre and then synced meaning google contacts is compressing the images. If i had the contacts already on my phone it wouldnt have sent the contact with the low res image.
  19. thekaitlin
    You can change the primary profile for someone if their Google or facebook image is coming up and you want the other one to show up.

Go to the contact's information card. Click the picture, which will usually have a little number overlaid on it (top right of your screen). Tap the profile you want to be the main profile (aka picture), then choose "Set as primary profile" - voila, the picture from the primary profile shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekaitlin View Post
    You can change the primary profile for someone if their Google or facebook image is coming up and you want the other one to show up.

Go to the contact's information card. Click the picture, which will usually have a little number overlaid on it (top right of your screen). Tap the profile you want to be the main profile (aka picture), then choose "Set as primary profile" - voila, the picture from the primary profile shows up.
    yea but the thing is I don't have any other accounts for my contacts. I don't have facebook and prior to the pre I had Windows Mobile so all my contacts were originally in outlook. Im not gonna create another account for my contacts and link them that's just pointless. Its not a matter of which image id like to show up. The problem is that the images from google are now compressed to a point that they are damn near unrecognizable.