1.    #1  
    My Facebook calendar is all sync'd 3 hours late. For example, if an event shows as beginning at 7pm on Facebook, it shows 10pm on my Pre. I've checked the time zone settings everywhere I can find them. I know a few other people have had this problem - has anyone else found a resolution?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    No resolution here, but I can confirm the bug. I tried fixing it and got nothing.

I was late for a friend's birthday dinner, it got pulled down 2 hours late and I got a call about 30 minutes after it started asking what was up.
    So this is a little fix I did thank you to the following site: DudeAmI's iCalendar Date Modifier

1) go to facebook events page
    2) click export events
    3) copy link
    4) paste into DudeAmI's iCalendar Date Modifier
    5) adjust how many hours the times are off
    6) get new link and copy
    7) paste link into your google calendar by importing as URL
    8) and name it Facebook Events

so annoying that we should have pre doing it but its something they will have to update.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    yea i have the same issue with the 3 hour offset. i made a post over on the 'official' forums and didn't get a single reply. here i found a fix in about 20 seconds. thanks guys.

note: ive not tried the fix but at least i know its not an isolated issue but a global one.
    okay so why cant i edit it on my pre?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    btw, i reported this to face book at

Login | Facebook
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I can confirm this bug as well.

Has there been any fix yet? I'm Windows so the iCal is solution isn't possible.
    Last edited by za7ch; 07/01/2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: addition
    I have the same problem too. I've written a post about the issue that includes a web app similar to DudeAmI's: How to import Facebook events without timezone issues | All Geekness Great and Small

I'm looking forward to seeing a resolution from Palm/Facebook on this. I'm astounded that it made it through their beta test!
    I totally agree, this is a problem. The one event that I have on Facebook, is two hours later than it should be. I want a real fix to this!
    --
    Brent Haag
    This nagging problem seems to still be around... I'm not sure if the problem is on the Palm side or on the Facebook side, but it makes the "synergy" of Facebook events into the Pre's calendar app quite frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by maskott View Post
    This nagging problem seems to still be around... I'm not sure if the problem is on the Palm side or on the Facebook side, but it makes the "synergy" of Facebook events into the Pre's calendar app quite frustrating.

facebook blames palm.
    Felipe
    it has to do with the stupid west coast servers
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    So there was never a solution to this, was there? I've still got all my events alarming off 2 hours after they happen. I'm central time zone, by the way.
    is there even any comment from Facebook about the issue? i tried but just figured my searching skills aren't up to Private Investigator par.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by za7ch View Post
    So there was never a solution to this, was there? I've still got all my events alarming off 2 hours after they happen. I'm central time zone, by the way.
    I don't think so.

I finally bit the bullet and started using Google Calendar* a week or two ago and did the workaround in post #3. Other than showing up in the Pre's drop list as webcal://ical.dudeami... instead a nice simple calendar name like Facebook, I can't really see a downside. In fact it's probably saving me battery life now because I'm only connecting to two servers to sync my calender (Exchange and Google) rather than three (Exchange, Google and Facebook).

* Why did I resist for so long? Sharing calenders with friends and getting my personal data untied from my employer's servers is @#!! awesome!
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer