Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I donk know if is just me, but can you create an event in your calendar on your pre and synergy will sync it all the way back to your Outlook? It seem to me that you will have to make all of you changes in Google or Outlook for all 3 to sync together...
    Quote Originally Posted by EStigall View Post
    I donk know if is just me, but can you create an event in your calendar on your pre and synergy will sync it all the way back to your Outlook? It seem to me that you will have to make all of you changes in Google or Outlook for all 3 to sync together...
    Unfortunately you'll need to go third party to sync outlook with GOogle.. I believe google has one called GooSync..

Personally I use CompanionLink for Google, since it allows me to sync multiple calendars in Google with Outlook (outlook shows them as catagores). Works pretty good. Also syncs tasks and contacts.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EStigall View Post
    I use companionlink as well. I did the 14 trial and figured it was worth the cost.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Use Google Calendar Sync.
    Use CompanionLink if you want to sync contacts, calendars and tasks.

Use Google Calendar Sync if you only want to sync ONE calendar, and nothing else. Google Calendar Sync can only sync the default Outlook calendar and nothing else.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I use companionlink aswell, but I sync my WM device to my Palm desktop through google calendar.
    But it seams to me when I started messing around with this that I found a way to sync google calendar with Outlook and it would sync all google calendars, it even asked me if I wanted to use the colors from google calendars.
    Sorry not much help but atleast there is a way, if I find it again I will post it, but you might try googleing the information in the mean time
    Terry
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Ok not what I remember, it seams like it was actualy part of Outlook but I think this would work for you Outlook users, with google.
    Sync Outlook and multiple Google Calendars with Remote Calendars
    Hope this helps
    Terry
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Another program called Sync2 (by 4Team) will sync everything. The demo seemed to work pretty well but I have not tried to sync tasks though.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Looks like Sync2 had a major upgrade on May 13th.

Anyone try this yet?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    If you're not set on Outlook, I use Mozilla Thunderbird instead. I downloaded some add-ons, and now I can sync contacts and multiple calendars in multiple accounts.

I used to use Outlook, but I got so frustrated with it that I tried Thunderbird and so far I like it for the most part. It is free.
    how do you use thunderbird and sync with web OS?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I use gSyncIt. It cost $14.99 but worth it, Syncs Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks. It is regularly updated and has great support.
    http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    Use CompanionLink if you want to sync contacts, calendars and tasks.

Use Google Calendar Sync if you only want to sync ONE calendar, and nothing else. Google Calendar Sync can only sync the default Outlook calendar and nothing else.
    I sync contacts with Soocial (Pre, Google, and Outlook all sync through Soocial), tasks with Toodledo and Done! (in the app catalogue, an add-on for Toodledo syncs with Outlook too), and Google calendar sync for calendar. All in the cloud and works very well. Done! Is the only thing that isn't free, I think it's $3.
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    If you're not set on Outlook, I use Mozilla Thunderbird instead. I downloaded some add-ons, and now I can sync contacts and multiple calendars in multiple accounts.

I used to use Outlook, but I got so frustrated with it that I tried Thunderbird and so far I like it for the most part. It is free.
    What add-ons are you using exactly?
    My add-ons are:
    "Lightning" - Installs the basic calendar in Thunderbird
    "Provider for Google Calendar" - syncs the calendar with Google
    "Google Contacts" - syncs the contacts with Google

All are found from the add-ons section of the Mozilla website. It is very similar to Firefox add-ons; both are from Mozilla. The trick to the calendars is to go to your Google calendar settings and get the remote address of the calendar (I think I used XML).

To make Thunderbird behave more like Outlook, I also added "Minimize To Tray Plus". There was a little tinkering to make Thunderbird behave like I wanted it to, but setting up email addresses is actually easier than Outlook.
    I downloaded thunderbird. there appears to be a calender already in the program. what does the "lightning" program add and is it needed?
    It was a while ago that I downloaded Thunderbird, so I don't exactly remember. I didn't think that it had a calendar, so Lightning added the integrated calendar. Maybe the calendar was already there and I didn't see it. As far as I know, Lightning is the "official" calendar for Thunderbird, so if there is already a calendar there, you could skip Lightning and see what happens.
    Zimbra Desktop FTW!

First, EStigall, are you just using Outlook as an internet email client and not connecting to an Exchange server? If that is the case, then one of the other clients merits a look.

I dropped Thunderbird a long time ago because of some bugs in the way it handled SSL certificates. Given feedback from one of the other posts in this thread I might take another look.

However, I just today downloaded Zimbra Desktop and within 15 minutes I had my Google email, contacts and calendar on my laptop. I then entered a test calendar on my phone and just a short time later it was also on my laptop.

Zimbra offers Open Source email server software and shared calendar for Linux and the Mac.

Can't hurt to check it out!
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    is the zimbra desktop program free? does it also work with the yahoo and live calenders?

these are all interesting alternatives to outlook- would appreciate more input from those that are using alternative sync methods.

thanks
    Zimbra desktop is a free client, quick and easy setup, incredible interface you will love it. It does work with Yahoo calendar but id won't do live calendar....yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast