Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. jbc28's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
       #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    And IDLE depends on leaving a session open, so if it is switching back and forth between 1x and EVDO, that probably closes the session which then has to be reopened.
    My testing seems to back this up. I believe that I lose push when changing between 1x and wifi or when 1x goes in and out. I can usually get it going again by closing the email program and "syncing now" in contacts. The problem is that is goes out multiple times per day. So I am constantly having to send test emails to myself to see if it is working. It sucks majorly.

    If this is just the way it is with IMAP IDLE I am just going to stick with my Pro which uses Sprint's email program to simulate push.

    Do you guys think if I set it up to poll every 30 minutes or so that it would make a difference? Maybe set up gmail as POP?...although, I hate POP.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No issues here either.
    +1
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post
    My testing seems to back this up. I believe that I lose push when changing between 1x and wifi or when 1x goes in and out. I can usually get it going again by closing the email program and "syncing now" in contacts. The problem is that is goes out multiple times per day. So I am constantly having to send test emails to myself to see if it is working. It sucks majorly.

    If this is just the way it is with IMAP IDLE I am just going to stick with my Pro which uses Sprint's email program to simulate push.

    Do you guys think if I set it up to poll every 30 minutes or so that it would make a difference? Maybe set up gmail as POP?...although, I hate POP.
    I do not have this problem. I have switched to wifi and back numerous times and had my signal drop to 1x and back and forth numerous times, and have shut down my phone without it impacting gmail push.

    In fact, I was in my local publix which has hardly any sprint signal, and got gmail notifications while on 1x. Then on my drive home got more notifications when I was back to evdo.
  4. #24  
    Works fine for me. I get them sometimes before the laptop does. The only slightly annoying thing is that it doesn't send/receive every time a message gets pushed so it will list lots of unread messages even though I have read them on the desktop. I can manually refresh to fix it or just wait so it's not a big deal. It's only kind of annoying when I'm getting lots of emails, reading them, and then seeing lots of supposedly unread messages on my Pre until I refresh the page. I can deal with that in order to have Exchange-like push for my gmail.
  5. jbc28's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Works fine for me. I get them sometimes before the laptop does. The only slightly annoying thing is that it doesn't send/receive every time a message gets pushed so it will list lots of unread messages even though I have read them on the desktop. I can manually refresh to fix it or just wait so it's not a big deal. It's only kind of annoying when I'm getting lots of emails, reading them, and then seeing lots of supposedly unread messages on my Pre until I refresh the page. I can deal with that in order to have Exchange-like push for my gmail.
    That's odd. When mine is working it will mark emails as read when I read them on the laptop....or least I think it does. I may be mistaken.

    EDIT...nevermind, I was wrong.
    Last edited by jbc28; 06/16/2009 at 10:09 AM.
  6. jbc28's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
       #26  
    Just got off of the phone with Palm escalated tech support. They are supposed to call back tomorrow after they look into this problem. I emailed a link to a thread on the Palm forums with many others who have the same problem. I really hope this is just a bad device. I really like this phone so far. Fingers crossed.

    In the meantime I have set up my comcast account as a POP to be polled every 30 minutes. I know this will suck for battery life, but maybe it will be consistent.
  7. le_seus's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #27  
    mine is super fast. no problems. i get it almost faster then it shows up on gmail.com itself on my desktop/laptop.
  8. jbc28's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
       #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by le_seus View Post
    mine is super fast. no problems. i get it almost faster then it shows up on gmail.com itself on my desktop/laptop.
    Yep, when mine is working it is super fast. The problem is that it seems to be down about 85% of the time. If it worked 95% of the time I would be happier than a pig in s....
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    No trouble with mine, pretty much instantaneous every time
    + 1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions