Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I am getting duplicate emails in gmail on my Pre but when I pull up my inbox via the PC I only see one email. If I manually sync after seeing the dupes then I only see one email on the Pre. This just started today. Has anyone else run across this issue?
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    The desktop interface of gmail does threading. It accomplishes this but cc yourslef on every message you send, hence if you check your email with any other client you will see duplicates. I think you can turn off threading in gmail settings, or just don't use the gmail client.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Well I ended up disabling POP in gmail (it was enabled) and leaving IMAP enabled. I tested on the Pre and still got duplicates. I then deleted my gmail account from the Pre and added it back and now I don't get duplicates on the Pre. Go figure.
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    I have had the same issue since updating to webOS 1.0.3. I will occasionally get runs of "2" new emails that are identical. My pre is using IMAP off of my own server (running dovecot). If I access the email from another email application there is only 1 copy of the email. If I delete 1 of the emails in pre, the email is marked as deleted in other apps.

Have not seen this problem in gmail, which I also access in pre.

Seems like a pretty big issue. Never happened when using previous version of webOS

-plasmid