1.    #1  
    Wish I could create a "Save" Folder for e-mails. When I bring up accounts on my main computer, the e-mails on my Pre disappear and/or I only have 3-day storage set. But work around is to click the forward button and then close the card; this saves e-mail as draft until I send it (never) or delete it. Please share if you have cleaner suggestion. Cheers, Kevin.

We have a winner - Thank you!! In preferences - Set All Inboxes and All Flagged under Smart Folders to on. When you get an e-mail you want to save, flag it; now it shows up under flagged items and will remain, even when the original disappears with a sync. Will have to wait & see if it sticks after 3-day hold policy.
    Last edited by KevMiami; 06/16/2009 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Added Solution
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami View Post
    Wish I could create a "Save" Folder for e-mails. When I bring up accounts on my main computer, the e-mails on my Pre disappear and/or I only have 3-day storage set. But work around is to click the forward button and then close the card; this saves e-mail as draft until I send it (never) or delete it. Please share if you have cleaner suggestion. Cheers, Kevin.
    Well, I'm not sure what you're using but I have an exchange account using Outlook. and under Inbox, I can create various sub folders such as Archive, Receipts, Statements...etc. and I can move any email messages from one folder to another.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Use IMAP on your main computer, and the issue will evaporate completely. If they are disappearing off your Pre, then you are using POP access that downloads all the messages off the server. Use IMAP on both computer and Pre to keep them both in sync.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    What @KevMiami is (I think) asking for, is the ability to have (certain) email stay on the phone longer than the per-account (3 days, etc) sync/retention period.

While it's true that you can sync Exchange sub-folders, what would be great is if you could specify a different retention period for specific subfolders (If you can, I don't see where to set it) This would let you have a 3-day (or whatever) "default" retention, but a "saved items" subfolder could be set to sync="All"
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    Use IMAP on your main computer, and the issue will evaporate completely. If they are disappearing off your Pre, then you are using POP access that downloads all the messages off the server. Use IMAP on both computer and Pre to keep them both in sync.
    Or set your desktop client to not delete the emails off the server after downloading.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  6.    #6  
    Sorry - Just certain emails; e.g. I send a trip itinerary to my phone for reference for 4 weeks from now. The e-mail accounts on the Pre need a "hold" or "save" folder, because I love the auto-flush; only need e-mail on the phone when I don't have the laptop open. Saves more room for movies, music and NES roms
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Sorry - Just certain emails; e.g. I send a trip itinerary to my phone for reference for 4 weeks from now. The e-mail accounts on the Pre need a "hold" or "save" folder, because I love the auto-flush; only need e-mail on the phone when I don't have the laptop open. Saves more room for movies, music and NES roms
    Sounds like something like evernote would work in that situation
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    The problem with IMAP is that I don't want thousands of emails on my portable device. I want to be able to keep them on the server as an archive, but keep only recent (or important) emails on my handheld.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    What happens if you flag an email? (using the app menu) Are those also purged?