Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    When i delete numerous files from hotmail on the pre using the swipe method it does not delete them on the server, so when i log into hotmail from my PC all those messages i thought i had deleted are still there?
    Maunal sync also doesn't sync the accounts. Its like they are totally separate.

Any ideas??
    if you look into the setup, hotmail is only allowed over a pop connection. Therefor the delete selection is not automatic... at least mine wasnt. Go into the mail program, accounts and preferences, and under hotmail/live make sure sync deleted emails (at the bottom) is checked. Mine wasnt by default.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    It seems to work now, i deleted the account and added it. It appears sync deleted emails was checked by default when i re-added it. Ill monitor it to see if it fails to sync again.
    Thanks!!
    Is Hotmail no longer an issue? I thought it was one of the culprits for draining batteries.

Also, when I first got my phone, I set up my hotmail account by simply entering my email address and password. The phone found the account and sync'd everything up. But I deleted that email account and now when I try to add it back in it's taking me to the account set-up screen with all the settings and I can't get it to work. Any ideas?
    Yeah, I won't use Hotmail or Live! mail right now. It drains the battery. I thought most people would be aware of this by this point... it's plastered everywhere.
    Despite what everyone is saying about that hotmail problem, I have had no further issues with it once my other imap and exchange settings were changed to something other than 'as items arive', as it seems to me that the pre was attempting to keep ALL accounts on an imap idle type connection (which obviously doesnt work with pop). Changing that increased my battery life by about 75%... i can now get almost 1.5 days out of it before recharging.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Same here. No issues with battery life just horrible syncing.
    Another issue is read mail. Hotmail and pre don't communicate what's read and what isn't.
    The no 'read mail' thing is a characteristic of pop mail itself... not the pre.