Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1.    #1  
    Ok so i finally decided to sync with google... did the DATA TRANSFER ASSISTANT with Outlook, then selected Google to sync my data with.

    Success. In my Pre it says it belonged to Google calendar.

    But i looked at my Google Calendar today and it barely mirrors my Phone's calendar. LOTS of appointments missing.

    Is everyone having this problem?
  2. #2  
    Anything I add to Google gets auto-synced to Pre but NOT vice-versa without a manual sync. Very frustrating...hard to understand how a bug like this could survive BASIC QA.
  3.    #3  
    thats gonna be a problem with the restore process right??

    dang i should have stuck with syncing Palm Profile
  4. limoman's Avatar
    Posts
    273 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    Anything I add to Google gets auto-synced to Pre but NOT vice-versa without a manual sync. Very frustrating...hard to understand how a bug like this could survive BASIC QA.
    I'm having the exact same problem. Google calendar events will sync to my phone - but not the other way around. Even forcing a "Sync Now" doesn't solve the problem.
  5. #5  
    My events work perfectly both ways--and to my Exchange server via Google Calendar Sync.

    If you are using Outlook, you need to go to File > Folder > Properties for "Calendar" > Change default appointment-type to "Appointment.IPM"

    Otherwise Google gets crazily confused. My default was to MP, for meetingplace, which is what my work uses for a lot of their users.
  6. #6  
    Hmm...can you explain more fully? I have 2 calendars

    1) Exchange calendar which I am syncing to Pre via EAS/Synergy; these events seem to sync (though flags are hit-or-miss)
    2) Google calendar which I am syncing to Pre with Synergy

    Incidentally, I sync google calendar to Outlook (so that I can view my exchange calendar and google calendar in 1 interface) via KiGoo (which, unlike calendar sync, can sync multiple google calendars such as my personal calendar and a US Holidays calendar etc.)

    I can't see why the Outlook calendar component would make a difference to the Pre, however...

    Thanks
  7. #7  
    Ah, multiple calendars--I don't know much about that, but I do know that google calendar does not update very frequently. I think it's once every 12 hours. Perhaps you are seeing problems there.
  8.    #8  
    those of your syncing this with that and that and this...

    don't you get duplicate appointments (in your Pre's and desktops)?

    from what i gather, google, facebook, and Palm profile should be completely different from each other or else you will have double items.
  9. #9  
    Also, are you sure you are waiting long enough for them to sync? I noticed it sometimes take hours for an event to show up on Google Calendar online after I type it into my Pre.
  10. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #10  
    Hey guys, I was having the same exact problem and then I used the WebOS Doctor to completely reboot my device with 1.0.2 native ROM and now whatever I add to my Pre automatically syncs with Google. Of course, I had to reload all my music, ringtones, pictures, etc...but most of my other settings came back perfectly from the Palm profile.
  11. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Hey guys, I was having the same exact problem and then I used the WebOS Doctor to completely reboot my device with 1.0.2 native ROM and now whatever I add to my Pre automatically syncs with Google. Of course, I had to reload all my music, ringtones, pictures, etc...but most of my other settings came back perfectly from the Palm profile.
    Can you give us a step-by-step process on how to do this?
  12. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #12  
    Never mind. I got it now.
  13. #13  
    How long does it take to update jayzun (say, at it's longest?)
  14. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #14  
    Well..it took me about half an hour...that includes downloading the WebOS Doctor tool.

    Once the process starts, it took 15 minutes. Then I just signed in again on my profile and it restored all my accounts and settings (but for some reason doesn't restore bookmarks!)
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Well..it took me about half an hour...that includes downloading the WebOS Doctor tool.

    Once the process starts, it took 15 minutes. Then I just signed in again on my profile and it restored all my accounts and settings (but for some reason doesn't restore bookmarks!)

    Sorry, I meant how long (at it's longest) does it a calendar entry in the PRE to show up on google calendar now that you've gone through this procedure. Thanks!
  16. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #16  
    Not sure, I did a manual sync (even that wasn't working before). I'll add another entry and see when it updates. I let it sit for 30 minutes and no dice. I don't know what the automatic sync time is (let's hope there is one!)
  17. #17  
    I am having a terrible time with Google calendar.

    In anticipation of getting the Pre I checked out Google calendar and decided I would give it a chance. So I set up several calendars on a Google account - without a gmail account, if that makes any difference. Read somewhere on this forum that you could set up a google contacts/calendar account without gmail. Anyway, the sync seems to be pretty quick, BUT items are disappearing from my google calendar online after they sync to the Pre. Example: I added a test birthday to my birthdays & anniversaries calendar from my laptop. It showed up within minutes to the Pre. Then I refreshed the page on my laptop and it had disappeared on my Google account calendar. This appears to only be happening with one of my calendars so far. I'm getting ready to test it on another one.

    Has anyone else had this problem? I did download the 1.02 update last week, FWIW.
  18. notabun's Avatar
    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #18  
    Same here... problems with Google Calendar. Here's my situation:

    - I have 2 calendars in google (Work, Personal)
    - Outlook at work I have Google Calendar Sync running every 60 mins to 1 way sync TO Google - works.
    - I then have my Google account on the Pre which seems to stay in sync. However, my (Personal) calendar shows up on the Pre, but no appointments show up in that calendar when viewing at google.

    Even if I enter events to my Personal calendar through google, they show up on my Pre but then disappear on google. WTF???
  19. notabun's Avatar
    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by redbirdie View Post
    I am having a terrible time with Google calendar.

    In anticipation of getting the Pre I checked out Google calendar and decided I would give it a chance. So I set up several calendars on a Google account - without a gmail account, if that makes any difference. Read somewhere on this forum that you could set up a google contacts/calendar account without gmail. Anyway, the sync seems to be pretty quick, BUT items are disappearing from my google calendar online after they sync to the Pre. Example: I added a test birthday to my birthdays & anniversaries calendar from my laptop. It showed up within minutes to the Pre. Then I refreshed the page on my laptop and it had disappeared on my Google account calendar. This appears to only be happening with one of my calendars so far. I'm getting ready to test it on another one.

    Has anyone else had this problem? I did download the 1.02 update last week, FWIW.
    Exactly my problem in my above post.
  20. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #20  
    Just to update, after restoring the ROM from WebOS Doctor, I am now able to sync to google calendar without issues. Both ways. The automatic sync took about an hour I think.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions