Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. robes1#WN's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
       #1  
    Why is my inbox count at 67 emails when I can't see any of them below the counter? I can't see any of my messages. What do I need to do? Help!!!!
  2. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #2  
    Maybe you need to stop using so many exclamation points?

    Seriously though. Can you post a screenshot? Maybe these 67 emails are in diff folders, like spam?
  3. #3  
    I didn't want to start a new thread so I will piggy back on this one since the subject fits. I've searched but found conflicting info. I still don't have the Pre yet, but my local sprint store indicated it should be available for me in less than a week.

    1) If you set up groups for the gmail contacts in gmail, do those carry over to the pre?

    2) For email syncing, does it sync ALL mail or just the email in the inbox?


    3) Email labels: do these carry over to the pre? Do they get synced as well?


    I've had gmail for years but have never used it extensively, and often forget to check it. I have AOL set to send me text messages when I get email from important addresses, but I'm thinking since gmail is push mail on the pre, I could migrate to that one and consolidate everything.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by robes1 View Post
    Why is my inbox count at 67 emails when I can't see any of them below the counter? I can't see any of my messages. What do I need to do? Help!!!!
    Go into the email program. Tap on the tab at the left top corner and choose "Preferences & Accounts", under "Accounts" tap "Gmail". Now scroll down to "Sync" which I believe is set at the default of "7 days", tap on that to change it to "All". Done.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    1) If you set up groups for the gmail contacts in gmail, do those carry over to the pre?

    2) For email syncing, does it sync ALL mail or just the email in the inbox?

    3) Email labels: do these carry over to the pre? Do they get synced as well?
    1) No.
    2) You can choose how far back you want to sync. I think "Sync All Email" is an option.
    3) Yes & Yes
    Follow Me On

  6. #6  
    for #3, you can decide which email labels are included or not by loggin into gmail on your computer and going to the Settings > Labels tab.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I didn't want to start a new thread so I will piggy back on this one since the subject fits. I've searched but found conflicting info. I still don't have the Pre yet, but my local sprint store indicated it should be available for me in less than a week.

    1) If you set up groups for the gmail contacts in gmail, do those carry over to the pre?

    2) For email syncing, does it sync ALL mail or just the email in the inbox?


    3) Email labels: do these carry over to the pre? Do they get synced as well?


    I've had gmail for years but have never used it extensively, and often forget to check it. I have AOL set to send me text messages when I get email from important addresses, but I'm thinking since gmail is push mail on the pre, I could migrate to that one and consolidate everything.
  7. robes1#WN's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
       #7  
    Its set to show all messages but they don't show up. I can't see any e-mails. Not one. I even deleted the gmail account and set it up again but i can't see any of my messages. Help!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    1) No.
    2) You can choose how far back you want to sync. I think "Sync All Email" is an option.
    3) Yes & Yes
    Regarding number 3.. They get synced but you have to manually check them yourself. It is not an instant push.

    Inbox is instant push but if you have labels with filters that say "skip inbox" you wont get them unless you do it yourself....I wish they would fix that

Posting Permissions