Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Has anyone gotten their Charter email to work? I've checked all the settings, and I still am unable to get this to connect. A store manager (OK everybody, roll your eyes) said that the Pre was having difficulty connecting to Charter. My 700, and 755 connected with no problem. I don't believe that Charter has any special security protocols. I've talked to charter and verified my settings.

Has anybody else run accross this issue with Charter or any other POP3 account? Any suggestions?
    I have Charter also, it took me like 3 or 4 times to get it to work. I kept getting the error message that said unable to verify settings or something like that, I just kept trying and finally it connected. So far no problems, Ive tried using wifi and evdo and both work fine
    I have charter also. I had my account setup on my centro before getting the pre. it worked fine for getting mail, but you couldn't send it out.

I learned that the problem was that you could only send out messages while logged on through their network (or through the web app). I guess they do this to prevent their server from being blasted with outgoing mail.

On the centro i could never send mail since it would always go through sprints network, but in theory on the pre you should be able to send if you are connected via wifi to your charter network.

When i got the pre, i just started using my gmail account and forwarded my charter mail to it. So if you are having problems getting it to recieve, sorry can't help you much there.
    Very strange. I had the same problem. I tried several times to get my e-mail through InsightBB to work and couldin't. I just tried again after reading this message and it worked. I didn't do anything different... Very weird.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allyrand6347 View Post
    I have Charter also, it took me like 3 or 4 times to get it to work. I kept getting the error message that said unable to verify settings or something like that, I just kept trying and finally it connected. So far no problems, Ive tried using wifi and evdo and both work fine
    Did you use "pop.charter.net" for incoming, and "smtp.charter.net" for outgoing?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Hey, I just tried it again, and it worked. I've been trying to get this to work for a week. Wow, wierd.
    did you have any luck sending mail or just recieving?
    found a fix for this. you need to put in the SMTP that goes with your provider.